cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP planning books - use of 2 grids in view

Former Member

I am using APO DP V5.

I know that it's possible to have 2 grids in a planning book view.

Can anyone give good examples of where 2 grids have been found to be useful?

Would it be possible to have 1 grid for 'forecast' and 1 grid for 'history'?

Thanks,

Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor

The definition of two grids in a data view (not sure if you mean that by planning book view) is only possible when creating a data view for the first time. Once a data view is created you cannot add the second grid as the Table 2 option is grayed out under Title section of Data View tab.

Good example of using 2 grids is while using DP BOM functionality and also in those cases where the top grid keyfigures are to be drilled down but the bottom grid keyfigures remain at aggregate level. So if you want to compare the forecast numbers in detail with the total budget then use the total budget keyfigure in Grid 2. Remember while drilling down, keyfigures in Grid 2 are not drilled down.

In you case of having forecast in one grid and histroy in another can be effective since the data in the keyfigures are in two different time horizons. But remember if you have history in Grid 2 then the data will be aggregate (assuming you have loaded multiple CVCs) and will not be drilled down which the Forecast keyfigure in Grid 1 is drilled down to lower levels.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

another place you can use 2 grids is when you do aggregated planning. There are some strandard SAP aggregated planning books 9ASNPAGGR (i think) that will be

You would use this normally where there are dependent objects you want to see in the same screen (interestingly i had to make it a single screen for a client because there were issues with mavigation.... i remember something with the grids not being synchronised when moving to left or right)

Yeah you can think of having a history and a forecast grid and navigate them independently... if it is for comparison, normaly the history is copied under the forecast using a macro