SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Messaging and Interfacing in SAP banking....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all

Just want to know the messaging formats used in the SAP banking product.

I have no clue how the messaging and interfacing with other applications is done in SAP.

ALso needs to know the interfacing mechanism with other applications supported by SAP.

Plz guide and share the link....... for any info......

If this is not the correct forum and then me know the correct one.

Thanx in advance guys....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all what do you mean by SAP banking product. I assume you want to integrate some banking system with SAP and want to know about supported standards. If so I can tell you about standard used in bank statements upload. You can upload (depending on the customizing):

- BAI format

- CSB43

- DTAUS

- ETEBAC

- TITO

- SWIFT MT940

- Multicash

- Cobranca/Pagar.

Regarding interfaces to SAP it's a huge subject. You can connect to SAP using EDI, RFC, .NET or Java Connectors etc. For the information go to help.sap.com/connectors

Regards

Marek

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all what do you mean by SAP banking product. I assume you want to integrate some banking system with SAP and want to know about supported standards. If so I can tell you about standard used in bank statements upload. You can upload (depending on the customizing):

- BAI format

- CSB43

- DTAUS

- ETEBAC

- TITO

- SWIFT MT940

- Multicash

- Cobranca/Pagar.

Regarding interfaces to SAP it's a huge subject. You can connect to SAP using EDI, RFC, .NET or Java Connectors etc. For the information go to help.sap.com/connectors

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

Hi Marek....

Thanks for your response. We are planning to integrate our own front end with SAP for the Loan origination system of banking.

Wonder if i can some details on how SAP do the interface with other applications.

Is it thro xml, IBM MQ etc..

How is the message flows in SAP application.

i mean what format or protocol etc is needed to send/generate the messages lets say SWIFT etc..........

Plz revert for clarifications....

whar are the platform or applications needed at the SAP end and our Own end for this .

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you'd like SAP to be a backend system and track all the messages being exchanged with it you should use EDI. This is an official standard that SAP supports. The problem is that SAP does not offer a mechanism for sending information outside it other then EDI (unless you create, write your own one). There's no problem in communication with SAP from outside, but the problem is other way round.

If you would use EDI SAP has several certified vendors which software is supported. In that case in SAP IDOC (Interchange document) is created and using it you can create data in R/3. Also sending data from SAP is done using IDOCs which are then converted to EDI standards by third party software.

If you would choose this solution you are able to track messages exchanged between systems. Please keep in mind that SAP does not give you EDI system. It only supports IDOCs and EDI system that is integrated with SAP has to be bought separately.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

Thanks Marek...... for this useful info....

will revert for more when required....