cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding man power cost in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

My client wants planned & actual manpower cost for an each WBS.I tried through activity type in work centre so i am able to get planned cost for labour but i am not getting actual cost.so,kindly help me very urgent

Regards&Thanks

P.Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

The costs for man hours have to be transfered to PS and CO first until they are shown. You can use transaction CATA to do this. If you test use a personnel number, then running time is much faster.

Best regards.

Jens Schmid

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are not using CATS to book hours, via CAT2, CAT4 and CATA, you still could book hours via transaction KB21N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasan,

Please check the following in Customizing

1. Check whether costing variant actual is maintained in OPUV , parameter for network type

2. Also please check the Formula settings in the work center, espacially costing tab.

<b>Important : If you are using a work center created in PS, Please try using a work center created in PP.</b>

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please raise your concern again. Kindly give full details of the scenario & various settings

Warm regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

I already maintained the parameters what you mentioned but i am not getting planned cost in cj30.Please help me regarding this issue

regards&Thanks

P.Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

If u r not getting the planned cost in cj30,

Please check OPSV or

Project System - Costs - Planned Costs - Define Order Value Updating for Orders for Projects

Select the Appended plan update for network.Then costs will flow to corresponding WBS.

Or if the problem is with actual costs as mentioned in your original post please clarify.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear srinivasan,

I am not sure whether you have issues with planned cost or actual costs. As per your earlier mail, I presumed you had issues with Actual cost.Nevertheless, following are minimum requirements and checks which you can perform to get the planned and actual costs.

A) In the Project

1.Whether Work center is assigned in the activity and work quantity is maintained for activities.

2.Whether the rate per cost center / activity type is mentioned in KP26

3.In the network header, you have maintained the Costing variants, both plan and actual, and “Determine plan cost” for plan cost calc.

B) In the Work center

1.In the costing tab of work center default cost center, default activity type int. proc. And formula is entered as SAP008 (Field nameFORN1) and check the formula once (Check option is available). In this formula, the work quantity is equal to the value in the field work.

2.In scheduling tab and under the “capacity tab”, You have entered the Start and Finish time details( Under standard available capacity)

C) In Customizing

1.Check the setting OPSV, Order value update for category 20 and your controlling area. Tick both the indicators.

2.The control key in the Activity is relevant for costing.

If the problem persists, I guess there is something worng with the work center, which is the most important parameter while calculating the cost of internal processing activities. Try to take help from your PP Guy in this regard.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas

I maintained the parameter mentioned by you. so i am getting the planned cost but i am not getting actual cost. please help me. I want to specify number of person involved for the individual activity. What parameters i have to maintained and where i have to specify the quantity of labour?

thanks

Srini