cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3szchk is very slow during Homogeneous Copy(Export R3load)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i m trying to homogeneous copy by taking export but R3szchk is taking very long time its on the same phase from last 12 hrs. if i m not wrong then its not that much time time consuming.

Kindly reply asap because i have to close this homogeneous task by tonight.

Thx in advance.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run the update statistics step proposed by sapinst before R3szchk started ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Barry,

What update statistics we have to update?i m not aware of this kindly tell me step by step as i m doing first time R3load method.

and hey Umesh,

I have checked in sapinst dir it was not updated after 10 minutes of export started and the size of the folder on which i m taking export is just 46.7 mb and it remain same.

Got stuck man .....

Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R3szchk computes the entries in all tables of the system (basically doing a select count(*) from Media Library

All steps are outlined there.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The first thing sapinst does, after you have completed all the parameter input, is call brconnect to update database statistics, but it does give you the option to skip it. If you chose to skip this step, then your db statistics wiil not be optimized form the R3szchk.

Regards, Barry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Backup/restore is only suitable for same OS and Same DB.,What if we want to do it in a different DB.. then the only soln left is export the DB by Sapinst..Once i faced this error , I got Stuck the same face ..But as i have to do in a same DB i have chosen export/import..

So the soln for this ur provinding is to Update statistics thru brtools ..rite ?

Regards

Umesh K

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you were talking about <b>homogeneous</b> system copies, that is, OS/DB the same. If you "change" the database, it's <b>heterogeneous </b>and you need a certified migration consultant to do that.

So - did you update your statistics?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey berry,

Thx for ur respose but i've skiped this step at that time 100%.so i think porblem is not realted to this skip step.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you skipped the create statistics step, then I am 99.9% certain this is what your problem is.

Regards, Barry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey All,

My Operating system and DB is same that is win2003 and oracle 9i.

so its a homogeneous copy.SID are different only one is source that is PRD and Target is DEV.I am planing to update the versions of R3szchk and R3ldcdl.

for this i think i need to upgrade my Kernel.?? am i right?

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

but it does give you the option to skip it. If you chose to skip this step, then your db statistics wiil not be optimized form the R3szchk......

what you want to say to skip this part or not ???

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You do not need to upgrade your kernel (although it is good practice to keep it reasonably up to date). Just get the latest versions of R3szchk, R3ldctl and R3load. Make sure you use the same versions for the input to the target db.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You definately DO NOT want to skip this step.

Regards, Barry.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if you OS and DB are the same, it's homogeneous and you can (and should) use the backup/restore method, it's MUCH easier and MUCH faster.

Heterogeneous is, if you change your operating system, database or both, it has nothing to do with the SID or the naming or the machine.

--

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see please following SAP notes:

1047369 - Faster DB accesses for R3szchk using Oracle DBSL:

the space statistics should be created according to the SAP Note 554031 - Creating space statistics with BRCONNECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohit,

We are facing the same problem now while exporting the database. we tried by upgrading the database library and also the kernel but not able to resolve the issue.

Please let me know how you resolved this issue.

Thanks in advance

Naveen

naveen.avid@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R3szchk is hanged in that phase..If u see the Sapinst_dir u cud get more information like when the sapinst log is last updated

Regards

Umesh K