cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTR Documentation and Translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use OTR to define texts for our web dynpro application. I found a documentation, which says that OTR texts can be changed via transaction SE61 and translated via transaction SE63. But this documentation seems to be not up-to-date, because documentation says also that texts have to be released.

We have NW2004s, SP12. Is there an acutal documentation for documentation and translation OTR texts?

Is there a possibility to generate a worklist with all OTR texts via transaction SE61? If yes please provide me with an explanation. Or is transaction SOTR_EDIT the only way to change OTR texts?

How can I find OTR texts via transaction SE63?

How is the procedure for the employees, which are responsible for documentation and translation?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Dagmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dagmar Fuehrer ,

I am currently providing OTR support for one of my WD Application .

Let me tell you how does it happen in my case .

In developement whenever I was writing some tool tip or something like it in background authomatically creating concept id for the same .

Now you just go to tcode se09 which maintain user related transport reqest and all. Choose you transport request . You will find tree as <b>Object List of request</b> .

with nodes

Comment Entry: Released

<i> Object Directory Entry

Concept (Online Text Re

Domain

Data Element

Function Group

Interface (ABAP Objects

Search Help

ICF Service

Table

Web Dynpro Application

Web Dynpro Component</i>

Now under Concept (Online Text Repository ) you will find all concept id those are created for that object .

When you click object id you will your english text . Just take case text with concept id made like ' Order ' then in yellow input box below you can maintain its greman text 'Afratng ' ( Take case ) . you can save this .

Now on german login automatically german text appear.

try it out .This is easiest way .

Cheers

Parry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there used to be a work list for OTR texts in SE61 several releases ago, but sadly it is not availiable any more. Therefore, it's best to use SOTR_EDIT.

In SE63 you can find OTR short texts via <i>Translation -> ABAP objects -> Short texts -> A5: SOTR</i> . For OTR long texts choose <i>Translation -> ABAP objects -> Other Long texts -> A5: LOTR</i>

Here you can find information on setting up translation:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e8/e8913618e55d40e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm">documentation</a>

And here's the link to the documentation on <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/77/5719d2492011d1894a0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">translation tools</a>

For information on Web Dynpro ABAP translation, see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0a/784941bb75f623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">this</a>

Regards, Heidi

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You could use SE61 for changing the documentation of any object.

Thanks

Anzy

Reward points for useful answers