cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item catagory field display in sales order lin item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to have your view points to gray out item catagory field at sales order item level.

In our scenario, company has outsourced sales order creation to third party vendor. Also we have restricted sales order creation for these user's via role creation for certain document types.

Even after these settings, now they have access to item catagory field to modify. We want to gray out this field so that they will not be able to update it to another item catagoroy.

Thanks in adavance for your reply.

Regards,

Prabhaharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

One more solution use TCODE SHD0 Enter the tcode va01 ( sales order creation)

then press f4 on transaction variant field and select one (or u can create ur own but system already have some std. variant that will serve ur purpose) then execute make the item category field display only.

This will not allow any body to change item category.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a suggestion, which can act as a work around through configuration. Maintain only one default Item category & do not maintain any alternative item category, which can be changed manually. this will serve the purpose of not changing the Item Category & even if user tries to change, it will not accept any other item category.

Menupath: SPRO --> Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Item --> Assign Item Categories

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ayyappa,

In item category determination, you don't add any alternate item categories then the user can not chnge the default item category. If you want the alternate (manual) item categories to be maintained & accessable only to regular users(company users) and not to third party users, i believe you can control it by maintatining authorizations for the user profiles,

Guru's please correct me, if iam wrong.

regards,

Jay

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont want the item category to be overwritten by some other IC, then in assignment of item category (Item category groupMRP Type Item category usage+Higher level item category= Automatic item category which can be overwritten by any manual item category mentioned in teh configuration), dont mention any manual item category.

If this configuration is done, i am not sure if the field will be greyed out or not, but the item category cannot be overwritten for sure.

Reward point if helps.