cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to Visual Administrator J2EE 6.30 SP 02 hangs on 99 %

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have installed a SAP J2EE Engine 6.30 SP 02 for Central System only on a test server. Now we want to login to the J2EE Visual Administration GUI 6.30 (go.bat).

Now we have the following problem:

The GUI sometimes goes till 99% and stops and does not connect to the J2EE Engine at all. It never stops and because of this there are no entries in the logfiles.

We are using Java 1.3. The port: 50004 is free and listening.

We tried out different user (Administrator, j2ee_admin) with the same result. We also tried different ports (Note

730400 doesn't bring a solution).

What can we do? During the login, are there any steps in a certain order?

Regards, Karin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marsmann,

Pls try this,

This problem can be recognized, when trying to connect Visual Administrator or Deploy Tool and the process at the progress bar freezes at 99%. To fix that problem, open your "etc/hosts" configuration file. By default there is the following line in it:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

To avoid occurrence of this problem, add the following line to the hosts file, giving the real IP address, host name, and domain name.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <real_localhost_name>.<real_localdomain_name>

<real_localhost_name>

Hope this will resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Vivek

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

This problem could be because of the Version compatibility. Install Java 1.4 or above and set the class path to this version. Now try starting the Visual Admin. It should work fine.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem with the Linux sneak preview version (from Nov 04 - looks like a 6.4 with some 6.3 components in it).

nw4host:nw4adm 10> /usr/sap/NW4/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/admin/go
java version "1.4.2_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_08-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_08-b03, mixed mode)

The thing is - I can't get a user "Administrator" to pass the authentication stage. My understanding is that there is no such user in the preview version. With a "SAP*" user I can login (the "task running" window shows:

Connecting to localhost

Host : localhost
User name : SAP*
Port : 50004
Layer : None
Successful !

but I can see a message that:

Caller SAP* not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX

in

/usr/sap/NW4/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace.0.trc

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. This was solved using the "J2EE_ADMIN" user, "ADMIN" password, and a direct connection to localhost:50004 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi efri,

i am tried that j2ee_admin,admin,localhost,50004.but i got same problem.it is stopped at 99%.may u know any other solvation plz give me reply.advance yhanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options, both are working OK for me now. In the "Connect....." dialog - you press the "new" button. You can now choose:

1. "Direct Connection" radio box - and then the options would be J2EE_ADMIN/localhost/50004/Default-Transport Layer

or:

2. "Through the Message Server" radio box - and then our options would be J2EE_ADMIN/localhost/8101/random-load-balancing/default-transport-layer.

Hope that this helps you,

Efri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi efri ,thaks for reply.

that is also not working i get this error message

"Caller j2ee_admin not authorized,only role administrator is allowed to access JMX"

i am login to

J2EE_ADMIN,pass ADMIN,localhost:50004

i get that above message

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi efri ,thaks for reply.

that is also not working i get this error message

"Caller j2ee_admin not authorized,only role administrator is allowed to access JMX"

i am login to

J2EE_ADMIN,pass ADMIN,localhost:50004

i get that above message

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

Install WAS SP4 and then try starting the Visual Administrator. It should work fine.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try unlocking the superuser.

May be the administrator account is locked.