cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPNW2004sJavaSP9_Trial - error at step 'Run Java migration toolkit'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing sneakpreview SAPNW2004sJavaSP9_Trial for the second time. When SAPInst is performing step 'Run Java migration toolkit' it runs into an error and the instalation stops.

<b>One of the messages i get in the logfile:</b>

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB

<b>Last message:</b>

ERROR 2007-06-14 06:28:36

FCO-00011 The step RunMigrationController with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|NW_RUN_MIGRATION_CONTROLLER|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|RunMigrationController was executed with status ERROR .

Can someone help me to get this sneak preview installed?

best regards,

Roelof Jan Bouwknegt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deinstalled, installed jsdk1.4.2_14, installed sneakpreview and woarking fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which database are you trying to install?

1.If it is MAXDB,see if the log files are full.You have make ensure enough free space for the database to get created.

2.also,your installation drive should have minimum of 9GB space ,for the installation to get completed successfully.

3.check if the user initiating installation have all administrator rights n is available under administrator group also.

4.Check if environment variables JAVA_HOME and PATH are set properly.

reward points if helpful..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Thanks for your quick response:-)

1. How can I see if a logfile is full? In directory D:\sapdb\J2E\saplog I have one file DISKL001 of size 1.024.000 KB. I assume this is the logfile MAXDB uses.

2. Before installation I had 14GB space left on my D:drive so it must be enough.

3. User rjb has Administrator rights

4. JAVA_HOME didn't exist in environmental variables. I have created it with value C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin.

I also added value C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin to system variable Path

The strange thing is that the 1st time I installed this sneakpreview it went without problems. Deinstalling went not so good. I had to throw away things manually, clean the registry, etc. This goes beyond my understanding.

best regards,

Roelof Jan