Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get message: "no admin defined in BADI" in application monitor

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are using n-step WF for SC. And up until now it looks to be working fine. However when I check in the application monitor in the approval section we always getting message "Shopping Cart: No administrator defined in BADI". I am not really sure about the significance of this message as I able to approve the SC using the agents that we defined from the custom table.

Do you guys know why this message is generated? And what does it means?

Appreciate your help on this.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll notes:

Also if these notes are not relevant as per your support pack then you can populate the "APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATOR" table in the badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI.

Ideally the administrator is required if for some conditions/cases the Approvers are not found(based on the logic written in your BADI for determintation of approvers).

So actually this message will not affect the functionality much.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your useful information. But we have defined a standard WF admin in tcode SWU3. Shouldnt be this admin being chosen as WF admin even if it is n-step WF? Should we code it separately?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you will have to code it seperately in the BADI.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your help!! I have another question about this BADI, but i will open another thread.

Best regards,

John.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is because of the badi implementation.

If the badi is not able to determine the next approver , system will try to find out admin user (default approver) to whom the workitem will be send.

If the admin user is not maintained , then system will create an error message and will be send to the monitor.

first step here to find out wether the badi is able to determine the correct approver.

so you have to debug the approval process in each step.

regards

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Thanks for replying. But how can we define the admin user (default approver) in the BADI? We dont see anything in the documentation that is referring to how we should keep the admin in the BADI workflow.

Best regards,

John