cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Usage and Sales order BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one bring our the difference between BOM usage in the creation of a material bom and a Sales order BOM - To be more specific, when you are creating a BOM using the tcode cs01, I get a field called BOM usage where I can select it as 5 and define it as relevant to Sales and Distribution. I can also create a BOM which is Sales order specific using CS61 tcode. what is the difference between the two? When will the bom created using CS61 explode and when will the other one explode?

Thanks for your reply in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while using the material in each dept. the usage differs so for that sap provided this function. for sales bom is used only sales and also that material already exist in the plant. and mm bom the material has to procure from the some third party that all functionality will control throgh the maitaning bom usage.

further your explanation i give below info.

Text

BOM Usage

Definition

This key defines the area (such as engineering/design or production) where a BOM can be used.

Use

By setting various indicators, you can define the maximum configuration of the item status and define whether an item must be or cannot be processed in a particular area (such as production).

Examples

A material is used in the areas production and costing in a company. For each area, you maintain a separate BOM with different items:

Production BOM:

This BOM contains items that are relevant to production. These items are copied to the planned order. Dependent requirements are generated for them, and they are copied to the production order.

Costing BOM:

This BOM contains items that are relevant to determining the material costs of a product.

When you calculate production costs using a quantity structure, the system automatically determines the BOM and all the BOM items that are relevant to costing, in order to calculate manufacturing costs.

pls find the config table which will give u clear picture about bom usage.

STLAN PMPFE PMPKO PMPKA PMPRV PMPVS PMPIN PMPER ANTXT

1 + . . - - - . Production

2 . + . - - - . Engineering/Design

3 . . . . - - . Universal

4 - - . - - + . Plant Maintenance

5 . . + + - - . Sales and Distribution

6 . . + . - - . Costing

7 . - . . - - - Empties

8 - . - - - - - Stability Study

M . . . . - . . External Munitions Display

Z + . + + - - . Rebranding Sales BOM (1:1)

Thanks

Regards

Hari Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

CS61 IS FOR PRODCUTION ORDER BOM, CS01 WE CREATE SALES ORDER BOM..IN CS01 WE GIVE USAGE 5 FOR SALES AND DISTRIBUTION .. CS61 IS RELEVANT FOR PRODCUTION ORDER SO IF ITS A BOM ITEM THEY HAVE PROCURE ALL THE MATERIALS FOR MATERIAKL MANAGEMENT SO THEY DO CS61..

REWARD IF IT HELPS

RAMKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ramki,

A minor swap in your response. CS01 is used for creation of production BOM and CS61 is used for sales order BOM creation.

sathiesh