cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consuming .Net web service from ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working on consuming .Net webservices from ABAP. I tried to create proxy uisng WSDL file. I wondering do i need to to specify the port which was showing me as default?

cheers

ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

you can find some good examples of consuming Web Services from ABAP, an example ist the Weblog from Thomas Jung, see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1012. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] You also have to specify a logical port for the Web Service call.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I still not sure about the port. coz he mentioned somehting like proxy will be using default port. what does that mean?

cheers

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

check out https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a4433436-0301-0010-f2a9-9281ad57..., Thomas Jung has here a detailed walk through of how to consume the Web Services from ABAP, including creating the proxy and creating the logical port. You have to create a port for the proxy you generated.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually i am not asking how to consume webservices from ABAP. I am only worried about the term port. we already created and consumed web services. i want to know what does this port deal. How is it useful when consuming webservices.

cheers

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

when you design your Web Service Proxy you can specify a default logical port. The logical port allows you for example to change the URL of the Web Service at runtime (when the Web Service Client is already activated). If no logical port is specified, the system uses the default port maintained in transaction LPCONFIG. There can only be one default port for each Web service client proxy. You have to ensure that a default port is maintained for each Web service client proxy so that calls can still be executed when a logical port is not specified. Each Web service client proxy can have multiple logical ports.

does that answer your question?

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. That was actually i am looking for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am struggling here to .consume a .NET web service from ABAP. For .Net web service do I need to publish it to IIS or can I call it directly by copying the data to a local machine and defining the same in RFC destination.

Please send me the steps I need to consume the web service i..e from the Publishing of WEB serivce to consume in ABAP.

Thanks and regards in advance.

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yes, you would have to publish/deploy .Net webservice on webserver (IIS). Only then you would be able to access it using URL.

Once the web service is available and accessible using URL (eg. http://yourserver/mywebservice.asmx?wsdl) then you can consume it from any other external application.

For consuming from ABAP I would suggest you to read this - /people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram

I am a .net developer and one of the requirements for my project is to have a web service that is exposed to SAP CRM 5.0.

Essentially the SAP group have a several BAPIs that perform a lot of work, when some of the work is completed our .net (developed in C#) web service needs to be notified.

Is it possible to have the ABAP programmer call a remote .net web service from the user-exit in the BAPI?

For example when a service order is created in SAP (using a BAPI) the last action would be to call the .net web service, which will be on a different host machine.

Is it enough for me to just give the WSDL file or URL location to the ABAP programmer and they should be able to do the rest.

All I am looking for is a notification that a service order was created and the Order number (the web service it self will store the Order number in a que table for later use).

Are there some resources available that can guide me / and the ABAP programmer on how to go about this requirement.

Thanks

Jawahar Rajan