cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender to SOAP receiver through asynchronous communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need send data from SAP HR system(through RFC) to webservice asynchronously. For this I preferred RFC as a sender and SOAP as a receiver. Can anybody tell me whether it could be possible because I have gone throught the blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

accordingly I did the configuration and then i gone through the blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

and

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

in which they are communication synchronously.

But in my case i need to communciation asynchronously. so when i am creating Interface mapping system is not able to pickup my mapping program. I mapped source message as RFC request with Target structure.

Please let me know if asynchronous communication is possible how i have to may between RFC and SOAP.

Regards,

Dhill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhil,

Yes it is possible. Once when you import the RFC you have both your request and response messages. You just take care of the request. Dont worry about the response. While creating the message interfaces create both of them as asynchronous. For your RFC while creating message interface just take your reqeust message type Thats it. You map between the request and the target. In interface mapping also take your above two asynchronus messages. Then you will get your mapping program.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you, that means we have to create the Message Interface for RFC sender explicitly not like we use IDOC/Receiver RFC. And also can you please tell me where i can get the details of Application Server (Gateway) and Application Server Service (Gateway) while configuring communcation channel for RFC adaper.

Dhill.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhil,

Open SAP GUI , right click on properties you can get all those details.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhil,

Yes you are correct. You can get the details as Raj told else you also get like this: log in into SAP R3 and go to system menu --> Status. There you can get.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you very much it is working fine now. But I need some more clarification that for this scenario to execture we need a report from SAP side. Instead is there any other method for XI to receive data. I think it could be possible through proxies if yes can you send some link which would be very useful for me.

Otherwise is there any other way to do it by avoiding to write the code in abap but to call the RFC.

Regards,

Dhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhil,

Yes you can do with client proxies. Check this weblog on this:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

---Satish

Answers (0)