Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Logon Ticket Creation

former_member1279004
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I have a client that is trying to connect their BW/CRM/ECC 5.0 system to MS Sharepoint systems to render BSP pages within MS Sharepoint server. They are trying to access BSP pages on BW/CRM 5.0 and would like to use SAP logon tickets. They do not have an SAP EP Portal to create SAP Logon tickets. It seems like a SAP EP Portal is the sole generator of SAP Logon Tickets.

Is there any way they could generate SAP Logon tickets (without EP) to authenticate their users via SSO to access BSP pages in SAP systems without being prompted for userid and password.

If there is any documentation that speaks of this scenario it would be greatly appreciated if you could point me to the same.

Thank you.

SAP Partner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Partner,

Any SAP system can issue logon tickets, if it is configured correctly. You do not need a portal. In fact a Portal is just an application running on a SAP NetWeaver WebAS J2EE engine, and it is the NetWeaver software which issues logon tickets, not the portal application.

In your case, where you are using sharepoint, I think you will need to use a reverse proxy and use the SAP HTTP header variable login module. This login module can be installed/configured in any SAP NetWeaver server in your landscape and will be able to issue logon tickets if it is setup correctly.

BTW. I like your userid. I wonder which partner you are ? There are many to choose from

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Partner,

Any SAP system can issue logon tickets, if it is configured correctly. You do not need a portal. In fact a Portal is just an application running on a SAP NetWeaver WebAS J2EE engine, and it is the NetWeaver software which issues logon tickets, not the portal application.

In your case, where you are using sharepoint, I think you will need to use a reverse proxy and use the SAP HTTP header variable login module. This login module can be installed/configured in any SAP NetWeaver server in your landscape and will be able to issue logon tickets if it is setup correctly.

BTW. I like your userid. I wonder which partner you are ? There are many to choose from

Thanks,

Tim

former_member1279004
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you