cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the link tab in MSS (mss~cat~approval~sap.com) in NWDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on EP7 SP9 and ECC 6.0.

We are customizing the the MSS BP and I face a strange problem when I am working with msscatapproval~sap.com application in NWDS.

1) I could able to remove neither the link (Approve Timesheet) or text (what do you want to do next?) on approve conformation view. I deleted them from view in NWDS, but still they persists at runtime. Do they need to be deleted at backend? If so, please let me know the work around for it.

2) In 'Collective approval' table I could find a coulmn (Approval), having drop downlist with values Approve All, Reject All, and Resubmit All. Now, I would like to add a blank value to this dropdown list for some reason. Let me know where could I add this?

Moreover, when I am trying to archive the project in NWDS, it shows a pop-up screen 'Autobuild switched off' and asks for would you like to enable it? Is this causing the changes done by me in application not getting reflecting at run-time?

Please let me know the soluntions for these. Point will be awarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> We are on EP7 SP9 and ECC 6.0.

>

> We are customizing the the MSS BP and I face a

> strange problem when I am working with

> msscatapproval~sap.com application in NWDS.

>

> 1) I could able to remove neither the link (Approve

> Timesheet) or text (what do you want to do next?) on

> approve conformation view. I deleted them from view

> in NWDS, but still they persists at runtime. Do they

> need to be deleted at backend? If so, please let me

> know the work around for it.

>

I have not seen this application , but I think what your telling is not a link but a Context Assistance Pattern (CAP).

In your WebDynpro Project.. there will be a component whose name starts with Cc... Open its interface controller.. In this you should be able to find a arraylist of CAPItems.. This approve Time sheet should be one of the items in the list.. Remove it from the array.. you should not see it then

> 2) In 'Collective approval' table I could find a

> coulmn (Approval), having drop downlist with values

> Approve All, Reject All, and Resubmit All. Now, I

> would like to add a blank value to this dropdown list

> for some reason. Let me know where could I add this?

>

This can be done makin the selection property of the node as 0..1 . (If its not mapped to a model node.. )

If its mapped.. u need to copy the data to a value node.. make its selection property 0.1 and bind this with the UI element.

> Moreover, when I am trying to archive the project in

> NWDS, it shows a pop-up screen 'Autobuild switched

> off' and asks for would you like to enable it? Is

> this causing the changes done by me in application

> not getting reflecting at run-time?

>

Make sure you build the DC and deploy.. This should not be a bother then

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Lot of questions in one post.

Let me answer the first part.

In mostly all ESS/MSS applications, the confirmation view links are generated at runtime. What links to show on the last screen is defined in the view V_T7XSSSERLNK in the backend. I dont remember the path to this view from SPRO.

I think for your application, in this view change the entry TIMESHEET_APPROVAL(towards the end) and it should be fine.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for that. Now I could able to remove the link. Points awarded.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry! it should be read has 'I couldn't able' instead of 'I Could able'.

regards,

Raj