Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparation Production Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to prepare the client in production server,

I need a SAP Recommendation what profile should be select to prepare the client from DEV(Golden Client) to PRD(Production Client)

Please advise us.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The last official recommendation I saw from SAP was that it should be a SAP_CUST copy of client 000. They don't guarantee data consistency if client 001 is used as the source client. Having said that you then have the task of transporting everything into PRD that's been sent to QAS from DEV since it was created... in a large implementation project, that can be thousands of requests, which can run for hours. In many installations, we've made system copies of DEV to create the PRD system, deleting all clients except the "golden client" you've mentioned.... this ensures that the ABAP code and configuration in the production client match what's in development as of a specific point in time.

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

If you are looking for SAP recommendation specifically then I would suggest that you check with SAP itself. They are the best people for this.

However my personal opinion is that you should copy customising atleast along with variants. So profile will be SAP_CUSV. However if you want user master data then it will be SAP_UCUSV. No need for transactional and master data as that has should be created in production itself.Thouh you may also choose to copy master data through ALE.

Repsoitory changes need to be transported.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Please post parameters...

Regards

Ben