cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the data in SNP can be stored by Time or Order series.

Suppose if I want create a new key figure and add it to planning book which storage type do I need to select?

Which is storage type is generally preferred?

What kind of SNP data is stored as Time series.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

As a general rule, if new key figures are to be used to influence the planning result with a time based parameter or for reporting of a calculated kf, I would use time series. If new key figures are to represent live cache order categories in a planning book different to standard SNP, then order kfs would be required.

So to answer your question (or not as it happens), it depends what you are trying to do.

Have a look at the standard planning areas 9ASNP02 and 9ASNP05, 02 only uses Order KFs, while 05 uses a couple of TS KFs for things like Planned safety stock, which it will use in the planning book as part of the planning calculation, there will not be any orders.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Percx,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is there any difference in the data fetch (performance wise) between the order and time series.

Assigned full points.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say time series would be efficient performance wise. Order series KF have to look at the Category group assigned to it and then the Order types in the group and then aggregate the quantity and display it

would also depend on your time series having to populate any macro calculations. if it is a simple retrieve of the data stored then it should not be all that bad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj.

Would agree with Harish at the detail level this is true. In either case if you have a mix in your planning book then you wouldn't really notice much of a difference in data display.

Cheers, Mark.