cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Party and service not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to update an existing scenario IDOC -> XI(BPM) -> FILE.

In BPM, I have placed a switch containing two branches. First branch is selected if the value of RCVPRN is 100000021. The second branch is selected if the value of RCVPRN is NOT 100000021. Now when an IDOC is posted from R/3, it gives me following error...

"Party and service not defined"

I double checked Interface Determination, Receiver Determination and Receiver Agreements, but did not find anything wrong. Further, the trace in SXMB_MONI shows a part as follows...

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-CALL_PLSRV_LOCAL">

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_ID_PLSRV-ENTER_PLSRV">

<Trace level="1" type="T">I N T E R F A C E D E T E R M I N A T I O N</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Cache Content is up to date</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">...There is no Interface Determination configured for receiver party 1234567890 and receiver service</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Check conditions for (Inb: Party Srvc If) 1234567890 EUPEXR.IDCREF01</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">...valid InbIf without Condition: EUPEXR.IDCREF01</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Number of receiving Interfaces:1</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

Any idea why it complains about the condition value '1234567890' as party ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One correction. Please read '100000021' as '1234567890' in above post.

Thanks.

- Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider that the partner is a non Ls partner, did you defined a sender party, with the corresponding Agency Scheme and Identifier?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

If you see the trace it says <i>There is no Interface Determination configured for receiver party 1234567890 and receiver service</i>

So check your configuration for this party. Something is missing here.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I could easily make out that something is wrong in Interface Determination. But what, that I could not. My question is, why it considers a constant value 1234567890 as a party ? This value is checked for the field RCVPRN in branch conditions in BPM.

Thanks.

- Atul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

When the sender or receiver partner is a non LS partner , in these cases in XI you need to configure your Party.

In the Party, Agency is the Business System Name, Scheme will be ALE#KU or ALE# what the partner type is, and Value is the partner name.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaveshbhai,

What is 'non LS Partner' ? The interface which I am trying to modify is already working in Production now. The difference is, in Production it is sending a flat file to AS/400 using JDBC Adapter. Now I am trying to send an IDOC XML (without mapping) to a file system using a file adapter IF the value for RSVPRN field is '1234567890', otherwise to AS/400. I have used 'switch' and set the conditions in it for branching.

I do not understand why XI picks up the constant value '1234567890' as receiver.

I hope I am not confusing you.

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

I think you can use xpath in your reciever determination. If the value of RSVPRN is equal to 1234567890 then let it send to file adapter else if not equals then send to AS/400.

See this weblog for some help on xpath:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

---Satish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,.

I thought the source was an Idoc from a R3 system. My answer was with respect to this.

Looks like i was on the wrong track.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you were not on wrong track. The source is an IDOC from R/3 system. What I said above is, just after receiving IDOC in XI.

Thanks.

- Atul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

Let me get this correct.

You are sending an Idoc from a R3 system where one of the Partners ( either SNDPRN or RCVPRN / SNDPRT or RCVPRT )is a non LS parter. If this is the case then in XI you would need to define a Sender Party / Receiver Party and use this appropriately.

As you have not done this currently you are getting the Error Party and Serivce not defined.

Look into the how to guide, How to sample Idoc scenarios to understand this better.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaveshbhai,

Again, I do not know what is 'non LS partner'. I have not set the values SNDPRN, RCVPRN etc anywhere except that RCVPRN value is used in 'switch' in BPM to determine two different branches.

Thanks.

- Atul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

Look into the Idoc in XI in SXMB_MONI. Check the Idoc control Record , segment EDI_DC40. Check what the values for SNDPRT and RCVPRT are.

If either one of these in not LS then you would need to configure Party in XI .

Look into the how to guide I have pointed in my repvios thread to understyand more.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, third time, what is 'LS' ?

Thanks.

- Atul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LS is Logical System. When either the Sender or Receiver Parter type is not a Logical System you create Parties in XI.

Why not read this,

<i>Look into the Idoc in XI in SXMB_MONI. Check the Idoc control Record , segment EDI_DC40. Check what the values for SNDPRT and RCVPRT are.</i> and check things out for yourself?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaveshbhai,

It is SNDPRT is LS and RCVPRT is B. What does that mean ?

Thanks.

- Atul

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been telling the same thing from my first reply to this post.

You need to configre Party in XI.

Refer to the how to guide, "How to sample Idoc scenarios " to understand what needs to be done.

regards

Bhavesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

I have configured the scenario in which I have SNDPRN - Sender Partner Name

it will R/3 say for example <SID>CLNTNUMBER (<b>RD1220</b>) and RCVPRN - Receiver Partner Name it will be XI say <b>XD3100</b> .

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

It looks like I am too novice to understand all this. The incoming IDOC is having all those values already setup in it. I do not know how to set/change them. I am even confused about what Party should be selected in Configuration objects.

Let me study the documentation as suggested by Bhaveshbhai and see if I can find the solution from there. (Due to emergency I did not study it yet!)

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>><Trace level="1" type="T">...There is no Interface Determination configured for receiver >>party 1234567890 and receiver service</Trace>

can you check the interface determination once again,looks like the conditions in the conditional interface determination have not been given correctly.

thanx

ahmad