cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with importing web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone know what can be the possible reason for not able to import a web service model ?

I am attempting to import a WS from a given WSDL however it failed. No reason or error message was presented... it seems to have just timed out and the model folder remains empty.

My colleague is able to successfully import the WS (using the same identical method and same SP/build id of NDS) hence I am suspecting some settigs on my NDS is required ? Suggestions or feedback anyone ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the proxy settings (In the IDE) in both the machines.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint Anilkumar. I had a look @ my colleagues's proxy settings and there was none. Hence I attempted to remove my proxy settings as well but that resulted in failure message "Invalid WSDL or WSDL not found".

from

Kwok Wei

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ye. You right.

Currently this is the only way to reimport the webservices

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how you are reimporting a webservice ?

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Re-importing" of web service is done by manually deleting the model, src folder etc and exit NDS. Re-start NDS and proceed with import model steps BUT ensuring that the name of the model and package remains the same.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok Wei,

I have tried your WSDL in my IDE.

I can able to import the model .Once again please make sure to uncheck the proxy settings in IDE.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ANilkumar,

Importing the web services I have no problem.. the problem starts with re-importing them when there are some interfaces changes in the backend.

The problem was solved by manually deleting the wsdl mapping files and then re-starting the NDS. If I do not do the above, I am not able to import the web services again.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

I take it that there aren't any issues with loosing reference to all your context variables / UI elements and the like?

Message was edited by: Sheldon Lyttle

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this blog on how to re-import a web service (and keep the context mapping):

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/10/10/how-to-reimport-web-service-models-in-web-dynpro-for-java

If you are using NW04 SP11 (and possibly other SPs, this is the one we were using when we found this), you will need to add one step. In the first section in step 3 you will also need to delete the files under the wsdls directory (src/packages/wsdls) that relate to the WS model being re-imported.

-Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sameproblem!!!!

When I import WDSL I get error wdsl not found or invalid what should I do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klainer,

My problem was with re-importing the web services. Are you in the same situation as well ?

from

Kwok wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel the only solution is to re install the IDE !!

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not sure if i am right ? But isnt it that wsdl files have a .wsdl extension and in the URL u have specified their is none with a .wsdl extension !

There are online webservice validators.Check with them..

This is one of those.

http://www.mgateway.com/scripts/mgwms32.dll?MGWLPN=EXTC&wlapp=wsdlValidator&eXtcCalledFrom=MGateway

regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharathwaj,

I am not very familiar with WSDL but it does return me

the WSDL descriptions upon clicking it. I can even verify it using the web services navigator tool from my WAS.

As the WSDL is orginated from an internal server, the link hat you have provided will probably not work ? Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Kwok

make sure that the WSDL u have should have an extention .wsdl

i think u created the web service like the following:

models -> create model -> import web service model

give a model name and choose UDDI or URL press next.

then give the URL and next. i think this should create the model. tell me if its different from u did.

regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you able to see WSDL description after clicking on the above link ??

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anilkumar,

Yes I can see the WSDL description after clicking them. The very starnge thing is that my colleague is able to see and import the model but for some unexplained reason I am not able to do so.

from

Kwok Wei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you are using the same WSDL file ?

Service is deployed on local engine or remotely ?

If remotely try giving the IP address instead of hostname.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that before and it does not work.

Original WSDL : http://sketdc20.sin.sap.corp:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/ZZ_I010747_PTest_001?sap-client=001&wsdl=1.1&mo...

Modified WSDL:

http://10.XX.XX.XX:1080/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/ZZ_I010747_PTest_001?sap-client=001&wsdl=1.1&mode=sap_wsd...

The service is deployed on the remote engine. I am pretty sure that its the same WSDL cause we use cut and paste

from

Kwok Wei