Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one question for you.

If i have 100 Profiles and i want to make it as one role. i.e I want to make it as one role with all 100 profiles. Is that possible??. If it's possible please let me know.

Regards,

Arjun,

SAP Basis

098900 39627

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

You can create a composite profile containing all the 100 profiles.

For this goto SU02

Create a work area (profile list) by entering the name of the composite profile you want to create or maintain.

The system displays a list of profiles. This list is empty when you create a composite profile.

Choose Create, Change, Delete or Copy.

If you choose Create, you should then choose the profile type Composite profile in the dialog box.

From the list of profiles, choose the name of the single or composite profile to be included in the composite profile using Add profile. To do this, use the pushbutton, Add profile.

You can add a virtually unlimited number of profiles to a composite profile.

When creating composite profiles, you can enter profiles that have not yet been created or activated. However, you must create and activate the missing profile(s) before you can activate the composite profile.

Award points accordingly,

Regards,

Raju.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arjun,

Create a composite role. PFCG type in new name and click comp. role. Then add the roles you want in the composite.

If you are still working with classic profiles you can do the same thing with transaction SU02.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

It is possible.Go to PFCG->create a role> go to authorizations tab>click on change authorization data>go to EDIT tab> insert authorizations>from profile>give the profile name here..

In this way add all the 100 profiles to the role

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

You can create a composite profile containing all the 100 profiles.

For this goto SU02

Create a work area (profile list) by entering the name of the composite profile you want to create or maintain.

The system displays a list of profiles. This list is empty when you create a composite profile.

Choose Create, Change, Delete or Copy.

If you choose Create, you should then choose the profile type Composite profile in the dialog box.

From the list of profiles, choose the name of the single or composite profile to be included in the composite profile using Add profile. To do this, use the pushbutton, Add profile.

You can add a virtually unlimited number of profiles to a composite profile.

When creating composite profiles, you can enter profiles that have not yet been created or activated. However, you must create and activate the missing profile(s) before you can activate the composite profile.

Award points accordingly,

Regards,

Raju.

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add the profiles into the role u would be creating by using the PFCG.

First create the role and in the Authorizations Tab select change and once u reach the Change Role: Authorizations tab then go to:

Edit> Insert Authorizations> From Profile

Enter the profile from which u want to import the authorizations.

But the problem with this is the maximum limit to the number of authorizations in a single role is limited 150 if i am not mistaken.

So perhaps u might not be able to club all the 100 in one role and thats a good way to do it too.

Rather convert each profile into a separate role and create a composite role combining all of then into one composite.

Hope this helps

Manohar