cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open PDF form in popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends.......

When i button click the PDF from will open new popup in same window.......

Thanks & regards

Mathi s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

Check your mail. Already sent you the same Adobe application you asked for.. Just import and use it.. Don't forget to reward points..

Let me know if you need further help..

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reward good points. please.. I will surely look into your new issue..

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathi,

Sent you the PDF application that you asked for.. So don't forget to reward good points..

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are only 2 options:

-- external browser window via URL (separate WD application is started).If you use this method then you can close the pop up using X(close) of the IE window.

-- internal (non-movable non-resizable) modal window inside main application window.If you use this option then you cannot directly close the popup.The pop is not moveable(mean you cannot drag it across the window)

you need to have some action in the PdfView in which you can destroy the popup window instance.

In the below tutorial AddressBookWindow is destroyed in the same way

<a href="http://https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20java/wd%20tutorials/dialog%20boxes%20in%20web%20dynpro%20applications.pdf">Pop Up</a>

Also go through the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks FOr ur Reply...

this is for creating popup...

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo) wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getComponentInfo().findInWindows("PdfWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo,true);

wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

window.setWindowPosition(500, 500);

//window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);

window.open();

I want....how to add my Pdf form in this popup as button click

wdContext.currentContextElement().setPdfVisible(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);

If it is not possible to open popup... we will use external window...

Please suugest the best way....

Thanks & regards

Mathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

If you use <b>createWindow then you cannot directly close,minimize,maximize the pop up,nor you can drag (move) that on you parent window</b>.

If you use a external window then you need URL to the view containing PDF form.

i.e you have to create the PDF form in a seprate WD component under the same project and then create a application for that WD component and deploy the WD component.Now you can pass the URL of this app to the external window and open your PDF.

Go through the thread to create a second application in external window

Let me know what you want to use ?

createWindow or External window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Create window and will open the PDF form in that window....(Onclick)

And how to apply this code in that window...

wdContext.currentContextElement().setPdfVisible(WDVisibility.VISIBLE);

please tel me..(procedure)

Thanks & regards

Mathi s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

heres the code

1. Go to <Your Webdynpro project> - WebDynpro - Web Dynpro Components - <your component> - Windows right click and create a window (PdfWindow).

2. Place the view that contains pdfForm in the window PdfWindow.Create a button in the view say ClosePdf .

3. Create a context attribute say WindowInstance of type com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.Window (java native type) in the component controller.Map this attribute to the context of both views (view with button and Pdfview)

3. In the onAction of button

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo) wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("PdfWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo,true);

window.setWindowPosition(500, 500);

window.show();

wdContext.currentContextElement.setWindowInstance(window); // this iwll bw used to destroy the pop up

4. In Pdfview create a action closepopup and associate with button ClosePdf. In the action write

IWDWindow window = wdContext.currentContextElement.getWindowInstance();

window.destroy(); // this will close the popup.

Note:

you dont need wdContext.currentContextElement().setPdfVisible(WDVisibility.VISIBLE); as your pdfform is in different view.

Message was edited by:

Shriram Kabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for ur reply...

You have given idea to open pdf form in another window...

But i want to display external window what i typed input in input field that same input also display in pdf form as button click....

You told like create another window... Means how i map to that same input field to another window...

Please TEl me...

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathi,

You have ur pdf in different view.U can have a context attribute in component controller.From ur main view u can set the value of input field in component controllers context attribute & from there u can get the value in ur pdf view.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos