cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when starting J2EE engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem when starting java engine of BI 7. At the beginning, the J2ee engine starts, the portal works well, but after 30 min (exactly), it gets down. I checked out all the java logs, i see just that java services get down, but anything says what happens. But when i checked out the file /usr/sap/JWA/JC60/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/database.1.log, I found these lines :

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:56)

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:67)

at javax.resource.ResourceException.<init>(ResourceException.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException.<init>(BaseResourceException.java:62)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException.<init>(BaseResourceException.java:45)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.createManagedConnection(ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:188)

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca.ConnectionHashSet.match(ConnectionHashSet.java:320)

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:189)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:51)

... 9 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:56)

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:67)

at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:53)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:283)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:278)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOsesskey(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:293)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:357)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.createManagedConnection(ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:120)

... 12 more

Can someone helps me for solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mohamed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Look in your /oracle/JWA/saptrace/background/alert_JWA.log file for errors when the J2EE engine shuts down; ORA-1033 could have many causes, but it should send something to the alert log....

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Java instance is installed with my abap instance, so i don't have /oracle/JWA/saptrace/background/alert_JWA.log. But I didn't see anything interesting in my alert_OWA.log.

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chourasia,

could you tell me please how can i do that? We have recently installed BI7 so i don't have experiece with J2ee engine...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kinldy check with your database. Especially DB logs. and DB pool connection parameter.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the OSS note 655240, but everything is OK in my database. I give you the history of the problem :

The j2ee engine was working very well at the beginning of the week. But, I had to create a CM repository FSDB. I did some tests to see if the CM repository works, and everything was good. But after 30 min (after creating it), the J2ee engine shut down, i tried to start it manually, it starts, but it shuts down after 30 min.

I checked out the SAP note 723909, I saw that there were some settings for KM and CM that I haven't set, and maybe the database became inconsistant.

So, my theory could explain this issue or not? if yes, what do i have to do to have a consistant database? do I have to reboot all my server (OS + database + SAP)?

Thanks for your reply...

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Check the correctness of the parameter ORACLE_HOME and PATH as described in

notes 556232 (WINDOWS) or 602843 (UNIX).

2) Make sure that the correct host name of the database server is entered in the

<sid>.WORLD section of tnsnames.ora.

regards,

Jafer

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your log file oracle is getting shutting down. please check your DB.

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseResourceException: SQLException thrown by the physical connection: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

An ORA-01033 can have many causes. Please see Note 655240.

Regards,

Matt