cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Subform dynamically,in Interactive form in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I an using NW2004s SP9 and have an Interactive form designed by Adobe Designer 7.1 from within the NetWeaver Developer Studio, with the following hierarchy of elements:

-form1(root)

--Button

--tmpForm (subform - Repeat subform for each data entry )

---ST (Text)

The Webdynpro application displays the Interactive PDF form with Reader Rights enabled by the Adobe Document Services.

On click of button, the following javascript is executed on client side:

var df = _tmpForm.addInstance(1);

df.ST.rawValue = "HI" ;

xfa.host.messageBox( "Instances" + tmpForm.all.length ) ;

On clicking the button, i get the number of the instances of the subform and the size increases on each click, but no element is added "visibly" to the pdf.

But when i try to do the same by saving the XDP file as Dynamic PDF form for Acrobat 8.0, and open it using Adobe Acrobat PRO 8.0, it works fine.

My question is,I s it not possible to add subforms dynamically in PDF's generated by Adobe Document Services with Reader Rights enabled?

Or, is there something that i am missing?

Please guide.

Thanks.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mona_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

I had the same problem, but i could resolve it.

In the adobe livecycle designer opening in NWDS,

Go to tools -> options -> Document handling

Set Default file type as Acrobat 7.0.5 Dynamic PDF form file

give full SOMExpression eg in your case it would be xfa.form.form1.tmpForm.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

I am sure it works...

Please try and lemme know.

Regards,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mona,

Thanks for the reply.

I had found out the same thing,and it worked, but i just forgot to update and close the thread.

I am awarding you the points for the answer.

Thanks,

Regards,

Siddhartha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

with Reader 8.0 there is a problem with dynamic forms. Have you checked the behaiour with reader: 7.0.9?

Does it work with this reader version?

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dezpo,

Thanks a lot for replying.

I had checked the updated <b>SAP Note 834573</b> -Interactive Forms based on Adobe software: Acrobat/Reader version, which states that:

For SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe, you require the following:

Adobe Acrobat as of Version 7.0.9

Adobe Reader as of Version 7.0.9

<b>Important:</b>

Note that you can only have limited use of Reader 8.0 for forms that, at runtime, are integrated in a WebDynpro application through the xACF technology (Active Components Framework). In this runtime environment, Reader 8.0 currently only supports static interactive forms. If you are using <b>dynamic interactive PDF forms</b>, we recommend that you use <b>Reader 7.0.9.</b> In the application, you can use parameters, or you can call methods, to determine whether you want to create a static or dynamic PDF form.

I tried with the reader versions - 7.0.7, 7.0.9 and 8.01, but it doesn't work for either of them.

Regards,

Siddhartha Jain

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you use xACF or ZCI form?

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dezpo,

I use WebDynpro Java for the Form and it automatically downloads xACF and installs on the client system if not already prersent.

Regards,

Siddhartha Jain