Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block with deadline branch ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

Can you plese explai about the Block with dead Line branch ?

Can i use before receive step ?

Situation like , i am using JDBC Sender adapter , if db connection lost it have to throw an alert . don't process further .

Can it contains ThrowAlrert Control ? If so how it behaves ?

Best regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

You will have to use a synch send to JDBC step in this case and use a block and a exception branch.

the reply from JDBC will be the number of rows updated or inserted.

Mudit

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehra ,

Can you please explain little bit more ?

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

You will have these steps in BPM

1.Receive

2 Block

3 Transform to JDBC

4 Synch Send

in the block you will have an exception branch in which you can do the steps as required in case of some exception occures(eg. Throw alerts).

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

design a scenario . Receive Data from sender ( abstract interface) . As you want to throw an alert on some exception condition put the next steps in block . In block add the sync send step which will have deadline branch . In deadline branch add the the control step . In that control step you throw the exception/alert . And then have a send step . So all your errors will get tracked .

Thanks ,

Suvarna

Award pts if it helps .

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks for your reply . My scenario is read from sql_server using jdbc sender adapter and Write to r3 tables.

So i have to first connect to sql_server .Suppose if connection lost , the receive step it self should be blocked right ?

Is my assumption is correct ?

Can we keep the Deadline branch before the receive step ? If i try that one it is showing warning as trigger has been removed like that .

Expecting your reply asap .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So i have to first connect to sql_server .Suppose if connection lost , the receive step it self should be blocked right ?

If the connection to the db is lost, you wont get a msg to XI at all. SO what are you trying here?

Deadline branch is usually useded, when you do a a collect pattern ie collect several msgs and merge them.

In your case, I guess you are trying to send a single msg. So no need of BPM at all.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rangarajan,

jdbc sender adapter work asynchronous, with a poll mechanism. It will poll again, if connection works. If Connection is broken, nothings happens, you dont have to care. No message can reach your BP. You need that exception branch only for jdbc receiver adapter in synchronous cases.

Regards,

Udo

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jai ,

Thanks for your reply . Yes what you told is correct . But i need to check the incoming data of one field length is correct or not .

So in mapping i have checked that . I assumed as if i used bpm i can send an alert , if the string hasn't in the required format .

Is my assumption is correct .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

In your case if you configure alerts then in the situation which you mentioned

alerts will be raised if theres a connection failure.

No need of BPM.

Regards,

Sumit

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rangarajan

you need an exception branch (context on the block) and a control step there, where you can choose throwing alert. You can put another control step for finish the process.

Regards,

Udo