cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Size different in Development and Test systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using the font size ARIAL 9pt in the Development system, everything looks fine. However, when I move it to Test system, the font appears to be COURIER 10pt. This is the default font size for my text however, I;ve customized font sizes for different paragraph formats.

The paragraph format I'm using for the text is correctly displayed as ARIAL 9pt in the test system as well, but it simply doesnt show in the print preview, unlike in Development where it shows correctly.

I even tried specifying character formats for that line with ARIAL 9pt but it still doesnt help.

any help on this at the earliest appreciated!

Thanks,

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This might be the cause of your problem?

1) Is your development system and test system connected to the same printer.

If not, is both printers(dev & test) has same set up. I mean both are non-unicode enabled printers.

Usually, unicode enable printers may not recognise few fonts, but it recognise COURIER font may be you are preview is coming from unicode enabled printer that is unable to recognize ARIEL ... so, it is selecting font family from defaulted paragraph.

If unicode enabled printer try to use CYRILIC fonts..

2) This might be another problem, Goto SPAD and check whether the Basis guy has loaded ARIAL 9PT font family in test system or not.

3) This kind of issues can be resolved by basis team.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was not about the font sizes. I had an error in the text element I used in the form. When I recreated the form, the system pointed out that there was an error, however it didnt point it out with the earlier form, i wonder why.

Thanks everybody for your help

Regards,

Tejas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like transport failed ,so make little bit change and move it to TST again.

See the results..

Former Member
0 Kudos

No transport has been moved correctly. I've retransported several times. Even the same form in Test system shows paragraph format as ARIAL 9pt. Only thing it doesnt reflect on output.

Thanks,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi is the font styles being created in the development box pushed to the testing/QA server .

sometimes we need to explicitly transport it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the font name and font size in the form when i check it in Test system. Should I still try retransporting it? Can you tell me how if yes?

Thanks,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

See generally this happens with forms ....coz you release the form but do not transport all to the QA or testing server.so. this can happen else u dont find any error

jst check if the styles define din the Testing system or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

do compare font both test system and development system

Transaction : SE73 (you mentioned font size is 9 and may be they kept in development system and did not transport )

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried SE73. The font ARIAL did not exist. However I tried with the fonts COURIER and HELVE which existed but even after using them it still remains the same. Alignment is absolutely unchanged

Thanks,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

by default it is taking COURIER font since you may be mentioned default font as courier.

talk to ur manager or basis guy or take it as courier font only for all cases