cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error MOS-01105: Permission Denied message during install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install BW30B with Oracle 9.2 on a Sun Solaris 64bit machine. I am using Exceed to display the installation GUI.

I keep getting the error message:

Unable to access file <Path>/SAPENV.SH Permission Denied.

I am running the install with root permissions. The above path does exist and I have given all the files 777 rights. I have in turn given the <SID>adm and ora<SID> directories 777 access. It looks like its trying to copy the scripts from the /UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL directory into the <SID>adm & ora<SID> directories when it fails.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chengappa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is the destination file system mounted ?

is it a remotely mounted filesystem with the option 'no root' permission ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By Default none of us have root permissions. To work around this we start the installation as sapadm and add the install path to the sudo list so that the install runs with root permissions.

Eg: sapadm> sudo /sapcd/BWINSTALL/INSTALL

The destination filesystem is remotely mounted, though i think that's not the problem as we have successfully installed SAP from that path before. The error message from the sapinst log file is below. Also the userid's have already been created and I have set their home directories to 777 permissions.

• Transaction begin ********************************************************

TRACE [iaxxbnodes.cpp:404]

CIaOsNodes::nodesDo()

Processing Nodemap CONDITION=YES NODENAME=/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.SH NODEPERMISSION=(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r) NODETARGET=/export/home/da1adm/.sapenv_sapda31.sh NODETYPE=FILE OPMODE=COPY

TRACE[E] [syuxcnodut.cpp:591]

CSyNodeUtils::isExistingWithType(iastring, bool, ISyNode::eNodeType)

Unable to access file /sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.SH: Permission denied.

ERROR 2005-06-06 16:42:18 [iaxxbnodes.cpp:444]

CIaOsNodes::nodesDo()

MOS-01105 Processing of one or more file system node operations of table

Content of table: tUX_SAPComponent_Environment_FORMS_SHARED with condition WHERE WapsSystemName='DA1' AND WapsInstanceName='DVEBMGS70' AND WapsInstanceHost='sapda31' AND SUBSTR(Key,1,5) = 'WAPS_'

Row[0] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_SAPENV_SH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.SH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.SH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.sapenv_sapda31.sh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

Row[1] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_SAPENV_CSH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.CSH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPENV.CSH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.sapenv_sapda31.csh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

Row[2] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_SAPSRC_SH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPSRC.SH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPSRC.SH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.sapsrc_sapda31.sh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

Row[3] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_SAPSRC_CSH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPSRC.CSH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/SAPSRC.CSH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.sapsrc_sapda31.csh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

Row[4] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_DBSRC_SH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/DBSRC.SH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/DBSRC.SH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.dbsrc_sapda31.sh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

Row[5] WapsSystemName="DA1" WapsInstanceName="DVEBMGS70" WapsInstanceHost="sapda31" Key="WAPS_DBSRC_CSH_COPYING" Condition="true" NodeName="/sapcd/sap/BW30B_ORACLE9_INSTALL/kernel/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/DBSRC.CSH" NodeNameWithoutCdPath="UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/DBSRC.CSH" CdName="SAPINST" NodePermission="(da1adm,USER,=rwo) (sapsys,GROUP,=rg) (Everyone,GROUP,=r)" NodeTarget="/export/home/da1adm/.dbsrc_sapda31.csh" NodeType="FILE" OpMode="COPY"

failed.

• Transaction end **********************************************************