cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC connection entries in Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please tell me what entries we have to give for <b>JDBC Driver</b> and <b>Connection</b> under <b>Database Connection</b> section of JDBC Communication Channel (JDBC Adapter for <b>MS SQL Server 2005</b>)

Regards,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>what entries we have to give for JDBC Driver and Connection under Database Connection section of JDBC Communication Channel

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://172.16.7.218:1433;

databaseName=SAPCOBAN

also check the following:

The connection and driver settings

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b0/676b3c255b1475e10000000a114084/content.htm

Database name is part of the connection string and driver detail

e.g. for SQL server,u have to deploy the drivers (msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar).

U have to specify the table name in the message structure defined in the following manner

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Have a look at this also

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

regards

Message was edited by:

Vijaya Lakshmi MV

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the comments above, from one of the earlier threads on SDN,

<i>Have you already deployed the drivers (msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar). If yes,

Driver:

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection for MS SQL Server:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<server>:1433;databaseName=<dbname>

If you using the new SQL Server 2005 jdbc driver (sqljdbc.jar). Setup is basically the same, except the driver is now:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

And the URL is slightly different as well:

jdbc:sqlserver://host:1433;DatabaseName=name

</i>

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have installed jdbc driver for SQL Server 2005(sqljdbc.jar).So, I have used the below format

a. JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

b. jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;DatabaseName=<DbName>

With the above format when I tried to test the normal File to JDBC scenario, I am getting the below error.

2007-06-13 06:40:26 Success JDBC adapter receiver channel RE_CC: processing started; party , service REC_BS

2007-06-13 06:40:26 Error Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;DatabaseName=<dbName>': SAPClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

2007-06-13 06:40:26 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Database connection could not be established

2. I have installed the JDBC driver using Visual Administrator. There I have given the Driver name as SQLSERVER2005. Where I have to use this drivername?

3. Tree structure for the driver in the Visual Administrator:

Under Runtime menu -> under DataSources and JDBC Drivers -> Resources -> Drivers -> SQLSERVER2005 -> sqljdbc.jar

Is this correct?

Regards

Sara

Message was edited by:

Sara D

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try <b>databaseName</b>=<DbName>

instead of DatabaseName=<DbName>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

change this -

'jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;DatabaseName=<dbName>

to---

'jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;databaseName=<dbName>

<b>a. JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

b. jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;databaseName=<DbName></b>

Did you replace the <ip> with the ip address of your server.

<DbName> with the database name of your server.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

The JDBC adapter enables you to connect database systems to the Integration Server or the PCK. The adapter converts database content to XML messages and the other way around.

<i><b>JDBC Driver:</b></i>

Java class of the JDBC driver that the JDBC adapter must load to be able to access the driver. The specification varies according to the JDBC driver; see documentation from the respective provider.

<i><b>Connection:</b></i>

Address with which you can establish a database connection using the JDBC driver. The specification varies according to the JDBC driver; see documentation from the respective provider.

Get all the details here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

hope this was helpful

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

JDBC Driver = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection : jdbc:sqlserver://<IPAddress>:1433;databaseName=<dbname>

replace ..

<IPAddress> with the ip address of the sql serve.

<dbname> with the database name with which you want to connect to.

Cheers,

Sumit

ps : reward points if that helped u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For JDBC Driver:

Java class of the JDBC driver that the JDBC adapter must load to be able to access the driver.The specification varies according to the JDBC driver; see documentation from the respective provider.

Database connection:

Address with which you can establish a database connection using the JDBC driver.The specification varies according to the JDBC driver; see documentation from the respective provider.

Regards

Hemant

Reward points if find helpful