Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read archived messages

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error saying "Cannot read archived messages; reason: " in Runtime workbench -> Message Monitoring -> Archive. Also i am not able to see any messages there. It says ' 0 Messages from Archive '. However i can see in SXMB_MONI the messages which are archived.

Can anyone please tell me why I am getting this error message in runtime workbench and how can I rectify it?

Regards,

Mateen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the archiving object BC_XMB to archive XML messages ( As mentioned in the document - Archiving Messages in XI 3.0.pdf guide), Then the archive information structure SAP_BC_XMB must be activated in order to read the messages that are archived

Regards

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Can you send me the link to the document -> Archiving Messages in XI 3.0.pdf guide?

Regards,

Mateen.

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

We are using XI 7.0

Regards,

Mateen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unable to locate tht pdt guide, mean while plz go thru this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a23...

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mateen,

there are archives for Java Stack (Adapter Engine) and for ABAP stack (Integration Engine).

Regards,

Udo

mateen_popatia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martens,

I know that these are archives for Java Stack (Adapter Engine) and for ABAP stack (Integration Engine). But my question was that why I am not able to see those archived messages in runtime workbench (when I can see them in SXMB_MONI) and why am i getting the error "Cannot read archived messages; reason: " in runtime workbench?

Regards,

Mateen.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mateen,

becoz SXMB_MONI is monitoring the ABAP stack and RTW the Java stack. Obvisiosly there are no messages in the Java stack, they havent been archived.

Regards,

Udo