cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables for two users.

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, i have a question. I have installed two users in the same Tablet Pc.

In the data folder i have two tables for the same SyncBo (one for each user).

I need a sql sentence or standard java function to identify the table

that correspond to a user. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I assume you are using DB2e persistence since you say that there are two "tables" for the same SyncBo. In order to find out which table corresponds to which user, you will have to identify the "Conversation ID" corresponding to each user first.

Conversation ID is the combination ID for {Device ID + user ID + Application ID}

You can find this out from the trace file and then you have to query on MI_TABMAP table to find out the corresponding table for each conversation ID.

The DB2eCLP.exe tool required to query on tables can be found in SDN:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads -> MI -> New! DB2 Everyplace SDK for SAP

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

If you are using queries within the Smartsync API you do not have to worry about the table name. The framework will pick the right table for you.

Regards,

Karthik

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Are there a java method in the API or something similar to get the convId ? Thanks.

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Conversation ID is used internally by MI and is not exposed through any API. As I mentioned earlier, if you really want to know the conv id for a specific user and application you can set the trace level 'ALL' and check out the trace file for text like "Created outbound container for conversationId <i>xxx</i>" that comes in after a sync.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Private_Member_201320
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, i found it in trace file, but i need to get the conversation ID in time of execution of my application, is it possible ? Thanks.

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Conversation ID is used by MI internally and is not exposed through an API (Its too dangerous for MI to do that ) The applications will never need to deal with the conversation ID directly and the framework takes care of the correct mapping.

Do let us know why you would need the conv id and maybe there is a different route to the end goal.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Sandeep