cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expertise,

Can we change the inbound payload message in XI.

Suppose I have the following inbound payload message which I got from a File(through Sender File Adapter).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:MT_Request xmlns:ns0="http://urn:gujjeti/FILERFC">

<input1>32</input1>

<input2>534</input2>

</ns0:MT_Request>

Now I want to change "input1" value from 32 to 100 dynamically. Is it possible in XI.

Advanced Thanks,

Gujjeti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen...

is it something like.. you want to change the payload when you are fetching the data for the second time..?

Why dont you change the source file itself.

Regards

Pushkar

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

usually you would do that by a mapping, in your case may be with a value mapping. You can put as much mappings, each takes the target from mapping before as source, as you like.

Regards,

Udo

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martens,

My intention is something different. Is there an java API so that I can directly change the Inbound message payload.

Like we have Dynamic configuration for changing Adpater specific attributes.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gujjeti,

for what reason do you want to change the payload before mapping?

Regards,

<b>Udo</b>

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martens,

Actually I am thinking of a scenario with BPM where I get a message from a file and I will hit RFC using this data and finally sending the RFC response to a FILE.

I want to repeat this process by changing inbound payload with another set of data and the data should not be from another File.(which is triggering point for this scenario)

I dont know whether scenario is possible in BPM as I am not that much expertise in BPM.

I need you inputs for this.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gujjeti,

>>>I want to repeat this process by changing inbound payload with another set of data and the data should not be from another File.(which is triggering point for this scenario)

Can you elaborate this, i didnt understand..

I think, you can achieve that with standard BPM steps, but plz give me more details.

Regards,

Udo

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martens,

My scenario is : Source FILE ---> RFC ---> Target FILE (using BPM)

In BPM I use a while loop with 10 iterations so that I can hit RFC 10 times with different sets of Inbound Payload.

Intially I get inbound payload from FILE. Now using this data I will hit RFC and the RFC response is dispatched to Target File. Now from second iteration onwards I dont want to pick the data from FILE again, instead I want use the same inbound payload with changes in data values.

Is this possible in BPM.

Thanks,

Gujjeti

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you just put an interface mapping into the loop befor sending. Unfortunately the mapping does not know at which step the loop is. So you need a counter, which you have to merge into the message (not easy). Alternavely you can use 10 mappings, or you put a ABAP mapping in front of the mappings, which is reading and changing a counter (not really satisfieing).

Regards,

Udo

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martens,

May be we can do in that way.

Is there any other possibility to change the inbound payload.(any java API)

thanks,

Gujjeti

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

solved.