cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

could anyone give me some idea on what are the mandatory fields while we creating software component in sld( give me idea what is the UNIT field while we creatinmg SWCV)

regards

Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell on which page you see this field?

While creating SWCV there are only 4 fields required.

SW Product, Vendor, Name, ver.

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Joshi

Opening the SAP Exchange Infrastructure Initial Screen

1. Open the System Landscape Directory

2. Select the Software Catelog.

3. Create a Product Version by select NEW Product and define the product version as given below

Vendor: Enter your name or an abbreviation of your name.

Name: MyTutorial<Abbreviation>

Version: 1

Press Create Button

4, Creating a Software Component Version

5. Define the software component version as follows:

Name: MyTutorial<Abbreviation>

Version: 1

Press Create Button

Finally you have created the software component version and can now define the dependencies.

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Rao,

but i can see one field name UNIT ,what is this field and what input we have to give there...

regards

Joshi

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Joshi

YOu mean to say Software Unit..

If yes Software unit is a particular aspect of the Product functions.It is a logical link between the product version and the software component version.

A product version consists of multiple software units. These units are implemented by various software components (or versions).

The product SAP R/3 Enterprise, which represents an SAP technical component, has, among other things, a product version SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.7. The software unit that represents the functions of this product version has the same description as the product version. Various software components (or versions) fill the functions of this software unit. These software components (or versions) are, among others, SAP Basis 6.20, SAP HR 4.70, and SAP Enterprise Retail 1.10.

To know more about Software Unit, please see page 30 onwards of the help file of SLD by going on this link:

http://<xiserver name>:<port>/sld/doc/sld.pdf

This help file will give you information about Software Unit if PI 7.0 is installed on your machine.

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>