cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my client is not manufacturing the materials instead he is procuring from vendors and need not to maintain MRP Screens in materials master,without maintaining MRP screens in materials master how can i check availability for a material.

any clue will be appreciated.

reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwath,

As mentioned clearly that your client is not in manufacturing, so it is recommended to use Material Type HAWA (for Trading). Incase you maintain MRP view, you can maintain Procurement type as External. However, it is recommended to maintain availability check 01 or 02 in Sales: General Plant data, considering that you can smoothly process the sales Order. If Availability Check is left Blank, then the impact in Sales Order will be that some fields will reflect in incompletion procedure & we will keep wondering why is it reflecting in incompletion. Once you maintain the dates, then it will allow you to process order. Hence it is recommended to maintain Availability Check.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aswanth,

With out MRP screens in Material Master you can not do Availability Check..

Ramki

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if the material is procured from external vendors, MRP values are important and in each case, relevant fields assume significance.

For example in case of external procurement, procurement type in MRP2, Total Replishment leadtime in MRP3, assume lot of importance.

In your case, please maintain these fields, and enable the Availability check based on RLT too with forward scheduling.

Pls let me know if you need further info on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SO if you are procuring from vendor then why you need to run ATP check ?

Any way it will be third party scenario.

And without MRP data you can not run ATP.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit