cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy teammembers and keywords from template to implementation project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When adding structure elements (business scenarios, etc) from a template project to an implementation project, the data on the administration tab is not copied with it.

When selecting a specific scenario from the template we need to be able to also copy the keywords and team members to the implementation project.

1) Is this possible without custom development

2) If we use custom development. How can I link a structure element to its Administration tab data (keywords and team members) in ABAP?

Thanks

Jurjen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you copy the entire project using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, and then delete out of scope scenarios using SOLAR01, then the administration data can be copied over. Note, however, that this only works for the initial project copy. Subsequent changes to the information on the Administration tab in the Repository cannot be carried over to the projects using SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE. Another restriction is that you can't copy a template project to an implementation project. Also, if you want to use further template functions such as the Global Attributes, then you have to bring scenarios in using the template functions, where this data is not copied over.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good enough. Works for our purpose.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In tempate project we have populated processing status for configuration tab in SOLAR02.

The same template i am using it in implementation project, i want to copy all the processing status of templates in to implementation project.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Kolur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurjen,

data on the admin tab are not part of a template and are therefore not copied into an implementation project. It is not possible to do this without custom development.

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Jürgen Tonhäuser

One quick question here, When we transport our Impimentation project from development server to production server (Solution Mnaager ), Will this transported with Documentation?

that we have added in Proj. Documentation Tab. AUr we need to upload again in Solamn Production server.

Regards

Sukhii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sukhii,

the documents will be transported but depending on the method you choose, you will end up with different results:

When you use the standard project transport in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, only documents which have the status RELEASED will be transported and only the latest version of the document will be transported

When you use transaction SOLAR_MIGRATION, documents are transported independant on their status values. Also all versions are transported and you can also transport the history of the document

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Jürgen Tonhäuser

Thanks for your reply, My query is resolved.

Thanks a lot

Sorry I have noo access to give you reward points in this thread, But I will Componsate in my other thread in future.

Regards

Sukhii