cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency of CSA tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CSA tasks can be defined with a predefined frequence to appear e.g. every 8 hours. This setup means, after doing the task it does appear again exactly 8 hours it was performed last.

In hour company we have a "Follow the Sun" support in 3 locations (EU,US and Asia) and therefore it would be very inefficient to use the CSA task frequencies as mentioned above, since it would move in timing and therefore the different locations have to wait until they can do their tasks.

For us the question is:

<b>Is it somehow possible to schedule these tasks to appear at a fixed time by e.g. scheduling a job?</b>

Thank you very much in advance.

Stefan Bauert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see answer in thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, great to hear and I got the same from SAP. However in the meanwhile we realised this with a workaround:

I stopped the following 2 jobs

SM:CSA SESSION REFRESH

SM:CSA UPDATE TASKSTATUS

and scheduled them via our external job mgt. tool (Ctrl M) to run at a fixed time. Also I changed the frequency for each task to 1 hour.

These changes allow us that all tasks are open again for each time zone.

thank you again.

regards

stefan bauert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

with the next support package 03 of Add-On ST-SER 700_2007_1 it will be possible to schedule tasks to a fixed time e.g. 8am, 2pm, and so on.

By using this function you can realize a time zone specific task management.

Example: You can create an Asian task to 2am, a Europe task to 8 am and an Americas task to 8pm.

Best Regards,

Werner Arlt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

just an idea, is not not possible to work with the time zones of users? Are the tasks still displayed when you change your time tone?

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your feedback, but I do not really understand this hint.

Why should it help when users have different times zones, but we cannot schedule these task to a fixed time? Currently these tasks are shown several hours (defined by the frequency) after the last time this check was done.

thanks and regards

stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

sorry that I confused you

Now I understand...I can't think of any alternative to this: Create 3 tasks (for example "Check Logs EU", "Check Logs US", "Check Logs ASIA") with frequency "every day" so all task should be in status "done" after 24 hours.

Regards,

Pascal