cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File->XI->Multiple IDOCs scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on File->XI->IDOC scenario. I have a single source file and I need to map it to two IDOCs and post them to ECC. The order of posting is not an issue since it is taken care of by ECC.

I need help (detailed) on achieving this in the best possible way (using/without using BPM).

Thanks,

Guru

PS: I went through the following blog:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

But as per this blog, multi mapping is not possible with IDOC as the IDoc adapter is outside the Adapter Engine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

you dont need a BP. Here are some interesting links for you:

<a href="/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!</a>

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters to IDoc-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters.</a>

<a href="/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi File-to-IDOC Scenario in XI</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jaishankar suggested,

going for separate mapping is a better n simple options.

Source Message Interface Mapping 1> IDOC1

Source Message Interface Mapping 2> IDOC2

Since you are sending the IDocs to the same system,

One rcvr in rcvr determination, without any condition.

in interface determinations, you have 2 inbound interfaces, and corresponding Interface mappings.

Its a simple n straighforward approach.

Regards

Pushkar Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

2 options.

a. Use a BPM to achieve this. You can do 1:N mapping for IDOC with in a transformation step.

b. Do separate mappings for each IDOC. In interface determination, specify both the IDOCs as ibound interfaces and specify the correct mapping.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Please send the structure of the file.

Your purpose can also be achieved by using BPMs.

Thanks

Amitanshu