cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use objects from other SWCs in my BPM Integration Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am experiencing some difficulties with the following. I have created a BPM Integration Scenario in a SWC. It contains a tranformation step in which a message from that SWC is split and mapped to two IDOCs. These IDOCs are imported in anothern SWC which I use for common objects. I have created Abstract Message Interfaces based on these IDOCs in this "COMMON" SWC, but the probIem is that I cannot use them in my scenario in the other SWC. Even though I have a usage dependency (Installation Time) created to the "COMMON" SWC.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

• Will happily provide points for good answers.

Auke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b><i>An integration process can only reference interfaces from its own software component version.</i></b>

Ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/62373f58502e48e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thus, I would have to copy/import all objects to the same SWC?

Or create a separate SWC for BPM Integration scenarios?

I have tried to create the Abstract Message Interface in the SWC and reference it to the IDOC structure in the "COMMON" SWC. This results in a reference to an invalid object during activation. Even though the defined usage dependency.

What's the standard solution?

Cheers,

Auke

Message was edited by:

A. Schotanus

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the help document, your abstract interfaces can refer only refer to interfaces that are present in the same SWCV as where the BPM is being created.

So you will need to have the same approach in your scenario too. I doubt if the usage dependency might actually work here. Never got a chance to try it out though !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

I dont think you can use interfaces from other SWC by deining dependency among SCV.

As earlier mentioned you can only include interfaces which are present in the SC in which you want to define your BPM.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I understand.

However, this totally contradicts with the -much used- organisational approach of separating your source and target interfaces. Even though the Abstract Interface only apply to the scenario as an object. I find it strange that I cannot utilize or create abstract interfaces from other SWCVs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>However, this totally contradicts with the -much used- organisational approach of separating your source and target interfaces

Might be coz. abstract interfaces can act as both source and target interfaces??

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

copy that in your swc n go ahead

Regards

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> copy that in your swc n go ahead

>

> Regards

> Pushkar

Copy what in my swc? The IDOCs or the Abstract Interfaces?

Cheers