cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP help files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to install SAP Documentation / Help Files available on SAP Documentation CD / DVD & give access to finance user of our organization.

Can anyone tell me how to install this documentation CD on any of the servers available on MPLS network and provide the path to our finance users.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

1. Create a directory on your file server for the help files (documentation directory).

Approximately 1 GB of disk space is needed for the English and German language

versions.

2. Insert the appropriate DVD into the DVD/CD drive.

3. Copy the directory Htmlhelp\Helpdata\<language key> with all its subdirectories

from the DVD to the documentation directory on the server.

4. Share the directory.

5. go T.code (sr13).

6. choose plainhtml.

7.platform---win32

8. servername---give where you have installed help dvd.

9.path-givesapdocs/SAPR3/PlainHTML/helpdata

10.langauage--en

11. save.

12. when anyone wants to use help. ask them to put the cusror on the seletcted item and press F1.

Hope this will help you.

If its helpful give reward points.

Regards

gangadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

You can maintain parameter : eu/iwb/help_type (Short description: Info Workbench: Type of Extended Help Call)

This parameter specifies the type of help (format and type of access) that is used for the Extended Help.

But please remember, From Release 4.6C, the Online Help settings (/eu/iwb/*) are made in the IMG. (General Settings > Help Settings Variants)

For parameter values 2 (PlainHtmlHttp) or 4 (HtmlHelpHttp), you should also maintain parameter eu/iwb/server_<frontend operating system> and eu/iwb/path_<frontend operating system>.

For parameter values 3 (PlainHtmlFile) or 5 (HtmlHelpFile), you should also maintain the parameter eu/iwb/path_<frontend operating system>

1: NetHelp (HTML, access via Web server und Info Repository)

2: PlainHtmlHttp (HTML, access via Web server)

3: PlainHtmlFile (HTML, access via file server)

4: HtmlHelpHttp (Compressed HTML, access via Web server)

5: HtmlHelpFile (Compressed HTML, access via file server)

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>