Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is deffernce b/w Data type and message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN's

plz give me the ans for this question?/

1) What is deffernce b/w Data type and message type? why need to called data type into message type ?

2) What is deffernce b/w SAP XI 3.0 and SAP PI 7.0 ?

thanx

suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

data types just define the abstract XSD structure . but since In XI we are using XML langauge. so We need a Root element in our message. that root element is added by Messagr type.

means data type is just an abstarct structure and message type add root element to data type.

and one message type corresponds to one data type only............

regards,

Ruchika

reward if useful.........................

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>2) What is deffernce b/w SAP XI 3.0 and SAP PI 7.0 ?</i>

>>>

XI 3.0 is the release in Netweaver 20004 and PI is the release in Netweaver 2004s. So from here on, in the future course XI will be known as PI. There is no major difference currently. For each release of SP in XI a parallel release is made for PI.

A comparision of the service packs in 2004 and 2004s;

in 2004 - in 2004s

SP12 & < - SP04

SP13 + 14 - SP05

SP15 - SP06

SP16 - SP07

SP17 - SP08

SP18 - SP09

Some of the features that is supposed to come in for PI is documented in this weblog - /people/udo.paltzer/blog/2007/04/26/new-sap-netweaver-process-integration-release-planned-for-2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

1 > <b>A<i> data type[/i</b>] in a programming language is a set of data with values having predefined characteristics. Examples of data types are: integer, floating point unit number, character, string, and pointer.

The characteristic of columns and variables that defines what types of data values they can store. Examples include character, floating point and integer

Check out the details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_type

<b><i>A message type</i></b> comprises a data type that describes the structure of a message. At the following points in SAP Exchange Infrastructure you can refer to the message to be exchanged at runtime by using the message type:

details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/c0633c3a892251e10000000a114084/content.htm

2) Regarding the difference between XI 3.0 and PI 7.0, this threads will clear your doubts:

Hope these info will help you.

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Data type defines the structure of your xml message.Message type is the wrapper of data type.You will be using your message type while mapping and not the data type.Its the abstraction concept used in oops