cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Generation (at runtime) of PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am a newbie to Adobe forms. So my question may seem out of place since I am straight away asking about Dynamic things about it

But, we are in the midst of proposing a solution for a project wherein they want the "FORM" to show some fields based on which country is running the form.

So, say US is running the applicaiton, they'd see a different set of fields altogether along with some particular alignment.

Australia would see it different.

We are not sure if this could be achieved via Adobe forms.

Can you experts suggest if it is at all possible , then we'd go ahead?

If possible, can it be done in ABAP/JAVA? Any special requirements to make it possible?

Your advice will be very valuable.

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

If these forms are launched on the Portal, then build a view in a webdynpro application for Java with Abode form with all the fields and make them invisible based on the country and then launch the view with the form. I am not sure about the alignment and might need more research on it.

Hope it helps.

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can either make the form fields hidden and visible through scripting.

If the no: of fields are huge and the no: of countries are also huge, i would recommend designing seperate forms for each scenario, as designing adobe forms in Adobe life cycle designer wont take much time. Also it will be easy for you to maintain them in the long run, rather than involving too much scripting.

As per the conditions, you can pass the Form names or template sources in your code.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. But actually my problem is different.

I don't know initially at all what all fields CAN be there. They will be fetched via a database table (some customizing).

So I cannot build a form with all fields and then hide the ones not needed.

I need to build the form Dynamically FROM SCRATCH.

Hope I have been able to express my query

Awaiting some responses please.

Answers (0)