cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent- integrating oracle apps using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

does anybody have an idea how we can intergrate erp like oracle apps with sap using xi?

vat type of interface will be used for xi to communicate with oracle apps?

thanx in advance.

regards,

latika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All Oracle Application modules come with a set of Interface tables

The APIs and Interface tables provide a mechanism by which you can move data into Oracle Applications. These are a set of tables defined and available for data upload. The first step is to move the external data into these interface tables. Then there is a program which can be run to move these into the actual tables of the Oracle Applications. This program, in addition to just moving data, can also be configured to be intelligent to do calculations, validations etc.

U could find some details here

http://www.geekinterview.com/FAQs/Oracle-Apps

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

1.from ur answer i understand that the task of xi is to send data to these tables and from these interface tables to actual tables is done at Oracle end. so the program is also at that end. is it rite?

2. how can we send data to these tables at first place? what interface is required? is it done using jdbc adpater?

thanx

latika.

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Latika

you can use either JDBC adaper or HTTP adapter.

If you want to send the data to Oracle DB then you can go with standard JDBC adapter.

If you want to send to Oracle application, then I think you can go with WebService and achieve the same.

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1.from ur answer i understand that the task of xi is to send data to these tables and from these interface tables to actual tables is done at Oracle end. so the program is also at that end. is it rite?</i>

Yes

<i>

2. how can we send data to these tables at first place? what interface is required? is it done using jdbc adpater?</i>

JDBC for coomunication with Oracle database.

SOAP if they can expose their programs as web service

HTTP if u have to connect to the Application

Not sure but also have a look at Java Proxy in this case

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

can u plz elaborate hw can we use http adapter for oracle applications?

regards,

latika.

Answers (0)