cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need of Idoc meta data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

• what is the purpose or importance of Idoc meta data maintained at XI system.

• Can't we create metadata automatically? I mean with out user intervention.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> * what is the purpose or importance of Idoc meta data

> maintained at XI system.

Idoc adapter uses this metadata to check if the Idoc XML is in the correct syntactic format as expected by the R3 system

> * Can't we create metadata automatically? I mean with

> out user intervention.

If the idoc metadata is not loaded manually in IDx2, it gets loaded automatically in the runtime when the idoc is triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

Probably you r talking abt Outbound case.

But Iam taking abt Inbound Idoc case. Some times I got a error at IE as " IDoc meta data failed". when ever I maintained it manually in IDX2 then the error disapprears. So can't i do without user intraction?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every time the Idoc structure is changed in your R3 system you would need to manually delete the Idoc Meta data in IDX2 and then XI will automatically load this metadata in the runtime.

I am assuming here that the metadata did not not match with the idoc strcuture and hence this issue was faced by you.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Yadagiri

1 . Metadata defines the part of a communication channel that is specific to the adapter type. The functions for creating and editing adapter metadata are intended for parties developing new adapters. It is a data about the data.

2. IDOC metadata is loaded automatically and we don't change it

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>