cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cardinality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The following lines are excerpted from SAP literature. Can anybody explain what it mean ??

>> A target field with maxOccurs=<n> that is assigned a generating function is generated<n> times in the target structure. If maxOccurs=unbounded for the target filed, then exactly 5 target fields are generated.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

The case you have mentioned was present in the earlier versions of XI but In XI 7.0 and XI 3.0 SP 19 above the target field gets generated as many number of times as the target field initially for unbounded it was 5 but now the limit isn't there .

So if in yr target node is unbounded then th generating function will give values only to 5 nodes and leave others

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Generating functions are nothing but the function which doesn't accepts any input , but generates output. Example <b>CurrentDate</b> function. Even I haven't tried this , I think they are saying for example see if the target structure is

<Root>

<Node>value</Node> 0..unbounded

</Root>

If you duplicate the Node element six times and map the CurrentDate to all this six nodes , I think only 5 nodes will be generated.

I'm not sure, can u please try it and let me know.

Best regards,

raj.