cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify ESS Address Overview screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on EP7.0 and started with development and imported Development Configuration file for SAP_ESS sca file,I want to modify the Address Overview screen ,for that I created a project for the essussaddr DC,

but if I want to modify some of the fields of the Overview screen containing mailing address and Emergency contact ,what's the right way to do it?

Any help would be highly appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be valid for all the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked out for all the users . Full points to you.

I have one more requirement with which on the Edit screen of the Spouse ,I hided certain fields and moved them up and down due to which a lot space is created between the last field and the buttons Previous,Next ,can u help me in moving these buttons upward...

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmi,

I had made fields invisible and only then I moved them but still the Previous and Review button were there at the bottom, now I have checked in those changes to DTR...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are hiding certain fields above the Previous and Next buttons, then the space should automatically be filled up and the Previous and Next buttons will move up. So before moving any of the fields, firstly make the unnecessary elements invisible and see if the previous and next buttons move up. Then try to rearrange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close the thread if your issue is fixed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmi ,

Thanks for the help. I was able to do it ,now my only concern is that whether changes made by me would be valid for all the users in the portal or it is just for me ...?

Looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...go to the particular iview. For example if you want to modify the Benefits overview go to benefits overview iview and preview it. Say you want to hide Edit button. Just hold the cntrl button and right click the mouse on the Edit button. The floor plan manager screen appears. From the properties for the Edit button, just make it invisible.

Thats it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmi,

Thanks for the reply. So where in Portal should I goto hide those buttons...?

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

if you just want to hide the edit and delete buttons, why dont you use the floor plan manager in the portal. In this way you dont have to change the code. Try doing that and let me know.

Regards,

MLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But you said that I can check the infotype there so it would only affect application for that particular Application....

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

I don;t find the Bizcard view file for essper application ,what I think should I make the change in the Bizcard view of the essfam application Implementation section....? to disable the buttons...

Looking forward to your reply. Please help.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Inside the bizcardview of the fam application, a call to 'createoverviewhelper' method(if i remember correctly )of the FcPersinfo component is called. you can do the modifications inside this method.but as u know it will affect all per applications.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually I want to hide the Edit and the Delete button from the Address and Family Members Overview page, I don;t want to modify the ESS Overview page..

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

You have to modify the webdynpro code in ess~per for this. This will affect all the applications using Per DC. You can put a condition with the infotype number , but it will make the code dirty.

The overview page of Address and Family is built dynamically in the bizcardview of the Per application. Please have a look at the code inside it to make the changes.But i tell u it a complex code to modify.

regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha ,

Waiting for your reply on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want to change lables/descriptions of the fields then check the following

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b2224432...

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In the Overview screen in the Emergency Contact section I want to remove the Delete button. ..Is it not possible to do that?

Please let me know

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

What changes you want to do in the overview screen?

The overview screen is dynamically created at runtime. So it is not possible for you to do changes it in the view. The fields to be added are passed from the essaddressUS DC to another ess~per DC for constructing the overview screen.

Regards,

Sharadha