Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 Mandatory Field Dialogue Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to make the "Email" field on the user master record a mandorty field. How would one go about converting that field into a mandatory one.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Changes to the contents or functionality of a SAP standard dynpro is considered incompatible enhancement. Also SAP doesnot recommend this. But this can be done by changing the standard program itself (you need developer access key, change object key for this)

[ i.e go to se80 and select program SAPLSZA5 , now select screen number 900 go to layout in change mode check for attributes of internet mail field , in the attributes go to program tab and change the option to 'Required entry'. This will make the field mandatory]

Better contact SAP for various implications of this change, if applied.

Regards,

Raju.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Changes to the contents or functionality of a SAP standard dynpro is considered incompatible enhancement. Also SAP doesnot recommend this. But this can be done by changing the standard program itself (you need developer access key, change object key for this)

[ i.e go to se80 and select program SAPLSZA5 , now select screen number 900 go to layout in change mode check for attributes of internet mail field , in the attributes go to program tab and change the option to 'Required entry'. This will make the field mandatory]

Better contact SAP for various implications of this change, if applied.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Create a transaction variant for SU01 using SHD0 and in the screen variant make e-mail address fileld mandatory.

Then you can use this transaction variant. I had done it once for some other field and it worked very well.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You maybe able to create a transaction variant (tx SHD0) and set the email field as mandatory.

Activating the variant as a standard variant let's it default on execution of the transaction.

- oops, beaten to it!

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Will you please explain step by step, when I use SHD0 and then after entering SU01 it displays message "can create only Screen Variants". Will u pls give me step by step information, it is very helpful.

Thank in advance,

Kavita

0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to SHD0,

give the transaction as SU01 and give the name of transaction variant for example 'USR1'. click create. Since your requirement is only for email give some dummy name and click on create. In the next screen give some dummy name and enter and continue till you reach the screen with this title "Screen values 0900 Program SAPLSZA5" . In this screen for the field 'Email' check the box under 'required' column. now click exit&save. give some short text in the next screen and save it under appropriate package, Transport requests.

[ Note : you can default your transaction variant as the standard variant. (SHD0 - standard variants tab-> Activate/Deactivate as standard variant) ]

Now go to se93 and click on create , give transaction code as for example 'SU01N' (this will be your new transaction for creating user with email as mandatory field) and choose start object as 'Transaction with variant'

In the resultant screen, give the transaction code as SU01 and transaction variant as 'USR1' (the one we created earlier), check on all gui support box's accordingly, and save it under appropriate package and Transport request.

From here on you can use SU01N as the transaction for creating users with email as a mandatory field.

Regards,

Raju.

0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

Can a variant transaction not start with a Z? I mean is it not mandatory that all variants should start with Z?