cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Link to LiveCache

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were trying to enter data here in APO for stress testing.......a large amount of CVC's (100,000) for 2 yrs and it was taking up to 45 minutes and kept on hanging when trying to save. I stopped the transaction and now LiveCache is not responding. Whenever I try to access anything that has to do with LiveCache, such as SDP94, creation of time series, etc. an error comes up at the bottom with a big red X saying "No Link to LiveCache". When I went to do a LiveCache consistency check, it won't let me get to the DP screen, it says "Connection to Livecache failed". The help file says no connection to LiveCache can be made and to contact my system administration.

How do I fix this? Do I need our Basis guy?

Thanks, Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run this report now- COnsistency Check for Time Series Network

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

with the following options

Planning Area: xxx

Planning Version:000

Options:

Log: Check it

Repair: Check it

Check LC Anchor: Check it

Check SNP MAster data: Check it

• It is good practice that you run this report frequently in batch as BEST PRACTICE**

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried entering that transaction and it didn't work. Is this the same as going into OM17 and choosing "Consistency Livecache check - APO DB"? B/c I can't even get to that transaction without getting the error that Connection to livecache failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to LC10 and enter the LC name and choose LC : Monitoring

(depending on your version) the livecache admin would under admin >> operating

there is a start livecache button....tryclicking that

would be a good idea to involve your basis guys ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Transaction is SE38

and the program name is the one which I mentioned.

Good Luck

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

It still gives an error at the bottom "no Link to LiveCache". I will talk to Basis tomorrow, hopefully they will know. Thanks!

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

You definitely need to connect with BASIS especially when you consistently get no conncetion to liveCache error from multiple transactions amd especially when LC10 shows liveCache status as RED.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

Did you go and check LC10 for status? you can try using the start button there... it cant get any worse

Former Member
0 Kudos

We resolved the problem by adding disk space, there was no room left in LiveCache so when that happens it gives that error. Thanks for your help though.