Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

FileDownload target property

I have a Web Dynpro application that uses the FileDownload control. It works fine with one exception: A new browser window is created each time the user clicks on the download link. Actually it works fine in Firefox but IE, which my users will be using, pops a new window.

I would like to prevent this and assume that FileDowload's "target" property what I need to use. However, I am not sure what value to use.

The documentation is attached below. It would seem that I would want to specify "_self" but the doc says this is not longer supported. It further says "Use exit plugs instead and specify the URL there." As a relative Web Dynpro newbie, I don't grok this. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

target

Specifies the browser window in which the page is to be opened. You can manually specify the name of the target window or use the following values:

○ ""

The page is opened in a new window without a name. For every file download a new window will be opened

○ _self is no longer supported. Use exit plugs instead and specify the URL there.

&#9675; “<window name>”. You can specify a window name as string. For every file download the same window will be opened.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question