cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have couple of questions with the ECM process.

1) Is there a way out to attach any doc outside the ECR/ECO process which would not go through the approval steps as other objects, but still remains attached as a reference document with ECR/ECO.

2)What is the basic difference between the CC31 and CC01 t-codes used for ECR/ECO creation? Does CC01 have any importance in making the Change Number mandatory for the objects?

3) In ECR where can we capture the cost or financial implication of the change or the details? Is there any field which have an integration with finance in ECR?

Thanks,

Paddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_voigt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

if you require a costing integration, you can use a claim (transaction CLM1) in combination with ECR / ECO. Within the claim you can estimate the cost of the change using the cost estimate function with full integration into FI / CO. Within the claim, you find an action box. You can customize it to contain an action for creating a an ECR directly out of the claim. Within the document flow of the ECR you can then see the link to the claim. Via this link can can navigate to the claim and its costs.

Bye, Michael

Please reward points if answer was useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehman and Michale,

Answers were very useful. Points awarded!!

Michale do you have any config doc for your answer? Please send me accross to saplogster@gmail.com

Tnx,

Paddy

michael_voigt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

I sent a config doc showing how to customize the link from the claim to the ECR / ECO to saplogster@gmail.com.

Bye, Michael

Please reward points if answer was useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can u send me the config doc. My mail id is abhishek.aynipully@gmail.com.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Right now i am working on claim integration with ECR. I need a small clarification in the Notification configuration. I understood how to create ECR from claim by doing configuration, but not able to do the configuration for assign ECR. Also i want to know the business workflow integration with claim. Is there any Business workflow readily avaiable...

If you have any documents on the Notification configuration for ECM, request you to send them to madala.rajesh@tcs.com

regards,

rajesh.

Edited by: Rajesh Madala on Dec 26, 2007 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

I would like to configure it as well. Could you send me the documento please?

jaione.arizkuren@indar.ingeteam.com

Thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

A. 1) yes you can attach any word/excel/ any application document to ECR/ECO right from creation to release it will allow you to attach, i.e. in CC32 top left corner you see some icons, in that there is attachement list select and attach anything at any stage free of approval process.

A. 2) CC31 has a fantastic status Management build within wheras CC01 doesn't have it and you need to build through a profile (user profile) not with system profile,

one more difference is you can use Profile in CC01 for defining the Object selections automatically, and you can even no need to attach an object in the CC01.

One more difference is CC01 is continued for Order Change Mangement.

A. 3) as per my understanding you need to have a particular BAdi activated for capturing the Finance implication of ECR/ECO along with order change Mangement which is a complicated process.

Regards

Rehman

Reward Your Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul/Rehman,

I have a small doubt in your explanation. As far as i understood the difference between the CC01 and CC31, CC01 is for Order change management and CC31 for Engineering change management. One more difference is if you see the Object Types tab in both the pages is different. Status management wise both the things are pretty much same. Whatever the comments i have given from my exp only. If you have anything to add please add it. Because may be i am at wrong side.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

I have couple of questions with the ECM process.

>

> 1) Is there a way out to attach any doc outside the

> ECR/ECO process which would not go through the

> approval steps as other objects, but still remains

> attached as a reference document with ECR/ECO.

Extras ---> Accompanying Docs

> 2)What is the basic difference between the CC31 and

> CC01 t-codes used for ECR/ECO creation? Does CC01

> have any importance in making the Change Number

> mandatory for the objects?

cc31- ECR/ECO process

cc01-ECN process

> 3) In ECR where can we capture the cost or financial

> implication of the change or the details? Is there

> any field which have an integration with finance in

> ECR?

Try the long text field either at the header level of obj mgmt record level

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Useful answers. Points awarded.

I would like to have a few more insight on how to capture the financial impact of a ECR/ECO process. If not on the ECR screen, does it have configuration at the finance end?

Thanks,

Paddy