cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NET PDK Patch 3 can't run more than 3 iViews in one Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, after several tests of the Patch 3 with our developed applications we discover that a portal page with more than 2 iViews doesn't work:

Portal Page with 3 .NET PDK iViews: http://www.rafaelc.com/tk0390/images/patch3_1.jpg

Same Portal page but with 2 .NET PDK iViews: http://www.rafaelc.com/tk0390/images/patch3_2.jpg

Is this a bug?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to run just the 3rd iView?

You should know that in this new patch all iViews on the same page are processed together, and if an exception occurs in just one, then all of them will not be displayed (this improves performance and enables server side events).

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tested each iView separately and works fine every iView, when I put the 3rd iView then we get the error.

The strange thing is that these applications runs fine with Patch 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does this happen with every page with 3 iViews or with specific iViews?

If you change the isolation method of the 3rd iView to URL, does it run properly?

Perhaps you are using the Page.DataBind() method in the iViews? If so you are actually binding the whole iViews on the page so if you use it the method in 2 iviews or more that will case an error (Like calling Page.DataBind twice in ASP.NET in web application). In this version we must bare in mind that all iViews are processed together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

The problem is in the method Server.MapPath, is not working, if I comment this in my code then the iView works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try "this.MapPath" instead?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need this for?

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now is working, but only with some users, it is very stange because this application works fine with Patch2.

I'm using the MapPath to know in which .net instance is running the application, for support and tracking pusposes.

I'll make more tests

Thanks