cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Enabling" ESOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am a little confused with all the information here in the forum and in the SDN.

I need some informations how we can "enable" ESOA.

We created a Sandbox of our SAP R/3 system and made an Upgrade to mySAP ERP 2005. Now we want to try "enable" the services for ESA.

Question 1: How can we enable these services?

Question 2: For ESOA do we need also other components like XI or SAP developer Studio? Please could you provide a list of all the components which are mandatory to have an ESOA and also a list what Would be a recommended configuration?

I am appreciating your help. Thanks a lot

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

1) you do not need any service pack for EC6.

2) UDDI Registry is provided by SAP to publish your released webservice.

you can find some more details about UDDI at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6c/8aac34d2d6e64dbcfc3ffb10bb3e9e/frameset.htm

Regards

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who have answered.

But I have some other questions.

Where can I get the "Enterprise Service Pack" for ECC6? I have found some installation files for ECC 5 but not for ECC6.

Another one. "UDDI Registry provided by SAP" is that another component? Or is that a special funcion in Netweaver?

Saludos

Daniel

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please refer to the SAP Notes 950808 and 967222.

UDDI is part of NetWeaver. Once the enterprise services are successfully installed, they should be available through the UDDI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All...

thanks for your replies.

I checked the Notes but in fact I can't find the note 967222. It is possible that it is not released?

Can somebody else check it?

Thanks a lot

Daniel

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

May be there is some problem at SAP end. Please send me your email address. I will send my local copy of 967222 downloaded 1 couple of weeks back. Note that are few related note mentioned within this note.

Regards

Nilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

ESOA is a concept and to implement this, we need SAP WAS6.20 onwards.

Question 1: How can we enable these services?

Ans: Basically all the BAPIs are exposed as web services and if you create your own RFC enabled function module, you can expose as web service.

you can register your web service UDDI Registry provided by SAP.

Question 2: For ESOA do we need also other components like XI or SAP developer Studio? Please could you provide a list of all the components which are mandatory to have an ESOA and also a list what Would be a recommended configuration?

Ans: You can consume the webservice exposed in your R/3 using any diff kind of application (.net based, java based).

you can also consume the webservice exposed in one R/3 in a different R/3 directly.

Role of XI. : you can expose a synchronous scenario as webservice in XI.

you can consume any webservice in XI.

If you need any specific info, please let me know.

Regards

Pushkar

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

<i>Question 1: How can we enable these services?</i>

You can use Tcode SICF to activate or deactivate the services or alternatively you can use program "RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES" to activate all the services at once

<i>Question 2: For ESOA do we need also other components like XI or SAP developer Studio? Please could you provide a list of all the components which are mandatory to have an ESOA and also a list what Would be a recommended configuration?</i>

It depends upon your requirements, ESOA is for providing and consuming the Enterprise Services and Enterprise Services are nothing but the combination of Webservices, and webservices are nothing but the way of exposing the R/3 or SAP functionality to the outside world.

For creating the Webservices you can use Tcode WSADMIN and WSCONFIG and can test the webservices using WSADMIN. For testing you need to register the webservice in UDDI (SUDDIREG). After registering you can test the webservice in http:<host>:<J2EEport>/wsnavigator.

<i>Another information. Until now we only have an ABAP instance. but I think we have to install also one instance of JAVA. Is this correct?</i>

Yes you need to install the JAVA instance as well.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another information. Until now we only have an ABAP instance. but I think we have to install also one instance of JAVA. Is this correct?

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

For installing the Enterprise Service Pack (1st one available from SAP since Dec 06), you do not need the Java stack. But to test the enterprise services (which are technically Web Services), you need a server with the Java stack. Also refer to note no. 967222 for further details on installing enterprise services.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you still have doubts.

Regards

Nilay