cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.40 Java plus Webdispatcher plus HA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to do a migration of PORTAL 6 6.20 to PORTAL 6 NW04 (WAS 6.40). I already did.

For that I have two machines. I've installed one CI and DI. But one of the problems is:

There are two URL's with differents port numbers. To solve this problem does the best solution is Web Dispatcher? If it is, do i have to have another hardware device or software for Load Balance? Or only two machine with one IP address each? Could I install in the same two machines?

Second: For HA - I've read many things that make me clear that the best solution for HA is install SCS in other machine. But I've already installed the CI with SCS. Could I move it - SCS (unistall from CI and install in other machine) changing the appointment or do I have to reinstall all environment?

Could you help me with this doubts?

Nivia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this Link to get some information about the installation of web dispachter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/content.htm

I think the Web Dispatcher is the right tool for your problem.

To uninstall the CI could work. But i think you have to reinstall the DI to. That all could be very difficult.

To reinstall the hole environment could be the better Decision.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for reply. The problem is the link is in German language.

Well I am trying to reinstall but I can't find how to redirect SCS for other machine or only install SCS and than pointer the CI to that.

I hope you understand my doubts.

Thank you

Regards

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivia,

the German Link is my fault. I´am german.

For the SCS installation try this Document and search for "SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME" .

Link: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000047021&;

Document: SAP WebAS in Switchover Environments (6.40) Update Feb06

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am following exatcly this document. It is openned.

Well the thing is: all the steps described there, is for 2004s. There is not the installation options for 2004 (6.40). The manual generate and make me in bad situation.

In this moment I am doing a new installation following what is possible to follow, later I am going to tell you what was the end. (It is on load database step).

Thank you.

If you more ideas....

How about the document for webdispatcher in English?

Regards,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivia,

for the Web Dispatcher try this Link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

The document is for 6.40 so i think it should work. If you want i will send an older version to you. Just post your e-mail.

Are there any information's about the problem in the installation logs.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

My e-mail is <email address removed by moderator>.

Thank you for Webdispatcher document I am sure that will help.

About 6.40 Document, follow the part I was following (I WROTE IN UPPER CASE WHEN I HAD PROBLEMS TO FOLLOW):

Installing the SCS

Start SAPinst with a virtual SCS host name variable as follows:

a. Open a command prompt and change to the relevant directory of the Installation Master DVD:

<DVD>:\IM<xx>\SAPINST\<OS>\<plattform>

b. Enter:

sapinst product_ha.catalog

SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<SCS_virtual_host_name> to use the virtual host name for the SCS installation. (THERE IS NOT PRODUCT_HA.CATALOG - I'VE USED THE PRODUCT.CATALOG)

Installing SAP Web AS in Switchover Environments

February 2006 65

Chose SAP NetWeaver ’04 Support Release 1 &#8594; Java System &#8594; SCS Installation. (THERE IS NOT- I'VE USED THE CUSTOM INSTALLATION JAVA)

Follow the instructions given in the SAPinst dialogs and enter the required parameter values. Make

sure you provide the virtual hostnames for database instance.

After installing the SCS instance it must be safeguarded against hardware and software failure. How

this is accomplished depends on the HA platform and is subject of your HA partner. Detailed

description is provided by the HA partner.

Installing the J2EE database (required for some data base)

Logon to the host where you want to install the Java central instance.

a. Open a command prompt and change to the relevant directory of the Installation Master DVD:

b. Enter:

sapinst product_ha.catalog

SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<database_virtual_host_name> to use the virtual

database host name for the Java database installation.

c. Chose SAP NetWeaver ’04 Support Release 1 &#8594; Java System &#8594; Java Database

Installation.

d. Follow the instructions in the SAPinst dialogs and enter the required parameter values. For

the SCS instance host name, enter the virtual SCS host name.

Installing the Java Central Instance

Logon to the host where you want to install the Java central instance

b. Enter:

sapinst product_ha.catalog to start the Java CI installation.

c. Chose SAP NetWeaver ’04 Support Release 1 &#8594; Java System &#8594; Java Central Instance

Installation.

d. Follow the instructions in the SAPinst dialogs and enter the required parameter values. For

Installing an Additional Dialog Instance

Logon to the host where you want to install the Java central instance

b. Enter:

sapinst product_ha.catalog to start the Java DI installation.

c. Chose SAP NetWeaver ’04 Support Release 1 &#8594; Java System &#8594; Dialog Instance

Installation.

NOW AFTER LOAD DATABASE, WHEN THE INSTALLATION WAS INSTALLING THE TEMPORARY LICENCE I GOT ERROR:

ERROR 2007-06-19 15:19:24

CJS-20020 Error when installing temporary license.<br>DIAGNOSIS: External systems are temporarily unavailable.<br>SOLUTION: Ensure that the SCS instance (SAP Messaging Service) and the J2EE database are up and running.

Thank very much for you help,

Regards,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivia,

you only have to use SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME if you want to implement a switchover environment for SCS or DB. In other case it works with the command "sapinst product_ha.catalog"

On which type of OS do you try to install? Are you sure you downloaded the right Installation Master DVD for NW04 SR1? There must be a product_ha.catalog in the directory. What kind of DB you use?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is WIN2003 pack 2. I've dowloaded the last Installation Master DVD 51032143_13. For WIN SQL 2000 pack4.

I'm sure there is not "sapinst product_ha.catalog". There is 'sapinst product.catalog'

Thank you

Regards,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get my Mail?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes!!!

Thank you!

Now I can see the light....rsrsrs

To work I renamed the file without .xml. Now there is the option SCS Installation. Yes!!! But, When I start it I got error because it looked for .xml in the path of DVD I386/NW04SR1/WEBAS/JAVA/MSS and there isn't.

I think I need another completed Master DVD.

Could you tell from what did you get this file?

I've tried to renamed back with .xml but I got error.

Regards,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we an old Installation Master DVD that we ordered from SAP.

DVD : D51031148 (D) - SAP NetWeaver 04 Installation Master DVD SR1

I think this is no longer available in marketplace. You can ask your SAP-Support.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thank you for everything!

Best regards,

Nivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is me again.

I am going to open a new forum but I'd like that you could have a look. It is because the installation of SCS and CI worked fine.

But now trying to install Portal I have no error msg but it stays in step 2 (deploy) for hours (one night long) and it is still there.

Is that normal?

tks,

Regards,

Nivia

Answers (0)