cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUDIT with respect to IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>SAP likes to send a confirmation back to the sender confirming the receipt of the sending IDoc. Use TCODE IDX5 in XI to see the confirmation.

As IDOC adapter supports only asynchronous communication how to get back the confirmation message back to XI ?? How to configure the adapter to get the acknowledgement ?? Any help in configuration steps is appreciated.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In SXMB_ADM , add parameter,ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE with value as 1.

2. Make sure that both the Sender and Receiver Business Systems have the LOgical System Name associated with it.

3. Create a Receiver Idoc adapter with name starting with Ack_ under the SOurce R3 Business System and the corresponding RFC destinations and port in XI for the Source R3 system

In case of Idoc to File, the ack will be created automatically by the IE and sent to the R3 system.

In case of Idoc to Idoc you will need to use the report RBDSTATE to trigger the AleAudit Idoc .

More in this guide,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b...

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh !

I am sorry ! I am totally lost as you put all kind of possible idoc scenarios at once. just if we talk abt file-xi-idlc scenario...........how xi will receive acknowlegements??

what is the importance of different report programs available ? what they do actually if they run?? I am totally new to this kind of scenario.......appreciated if explained at basic level

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>file-xi-idlc

AFAIK you need to use BPM for this,see mainly IDOC ack is used in an IDOC to IDOC scenario.

for a File to IDOC scenario either u need to write a module or design a BPM which will send back the response to the file(coz file cant be used for sync msg)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahemed !

thanks for your reply ! Could you please elaborate the below message

>>In case of Idoc to File, the ack will be created automatically by the IE and sent to the R3 system.

How it is send to r/3 system ? whether automaticaly or any configuration is needed ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you need to configure a receiver IDOC communication channel to get the ack back to R/3

also have a look at the following

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

section 3.2 in the above link gives the configuration for receiver IDOC adapter

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Regarding the message that you put in your previous post

>>mainly IDOC ack is used in an IDOC to IDOC scenario.

In this case how we do configuration ?? Here also we need BPM ?? or any logic is there to implemetn ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

no BPM is needed, check: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b3fbe">How to Handle Acknowledgments for IDoc</a>.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

PS: Close this and previous threads if you got the answer you were looking for..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

we dont need BPM for this.

now most probbaly you will ask why we dont need BPM for IDOC but we need for File:)

so the answer is,the ack in case of IDOC to IDOC is send from IE so its simply send back,whereas in case of File to IDOC,its send when the IDOC is posted in the receiver system.

Note:File supports partial sync scenario(Best effort).

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ahmed !

thanks for your proactive reply Previously I have gone through the how to guide for IDOC acknowlegemtn cenarios........but failed to understand the concept behind there as I didn't have conceptual knowledge. So sorry for bothering you by putting this type of basic questions.

Bye the way, acknowlegement in case of file-xi-idoc scenario means ........?? Receiving r/3 system will send the response to xi telling the idoc is reached. Plz correct me if I am wrong ?? or otherwise this response that reached to xi will be still forwarded to sender (i.e file system in this case) ??

In case of idoc-xi-idoc scenario : whether receiving system is sending the acknowledgement to sending system or only to xi ?? or here we have two acknowledgemetns ?? Please clarify me

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in case of File to IDOC,we get the ack when IDOC's are posted on R/3(the receiving system)

in case of IDOC to IDOC,we can get 3 types of acknowledgements,system error ack,application ack and application error ack.if its a system error in XI server itself then ack will be send from IE to the sender system,but if its an error in the receiving system(then the receiving system will send error to IE which in turn will send it to sender syste,).in both the cases the IDOC receiver communication channel is used to channel the ack.

also have a look at the following to see the difference between IDOC to IDOC and External system(HTTP etc) to IDOC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ahemd !

It is a nice overview. But I have some obfuscations regarding the below message that you put.

>>but if its an error in the receiving system(then the receiving system will send error to IE which in turn will send it to sender syste,).in both the cases the IDOC receiver communication channel is used to channel the ack.

where I am missing is how the receiving system can send ack to IE ?? Again you are going to create one more c.c to communicate with IE or existing c.c you are going to use ?? And again from IE to send the ack to sending system whether you need one more cc ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

the ack to IE is send by default.u dont need any CC for that,we only need CC for the sender system coz we need to specify the details about the sender(like RFC dest. port etc).we dont need any details about the IE coz when the message is sent,the receiver knows which IE send the message so it sends back the ack to that IE and then IE needs to know where to send the ack finally.

thanx

Ahmad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should help

Symptom

A configuration report is delivered for acknowledgments in the IDoc adapter.

Other terms

IDXNOALE, maintenance report, acknowledgments

Reason and Prerequisites

You are using Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 and receive IDocs using the IDoc adapter. You want to be able to request acknowledgments separately in the XI for each sending system and interface. In the IDXNOALE exception table, you can deactivate acknowledgments for certain systems or interfaces. Previously, you could only maintain the table with transaction SE16.

Report IDX_NOALE is delivered with Support Package 10. With the report, you can add, delete and display table entries.

Report IDX_NOALE is extended with additional functionality as of Support Package 11. This allows a sender system to request or deny acknowledgements for all message types centrally. You can set exceptions to this central setting by message type. Generic exceptions (for example, message type 'ORD*') are not supported. Entries that are already present in the table are unchanged.

To perform these activities, you need the authorization to maintain IDoc metadata (Object 'S_IDOCMETA' ID 'ACTVT' FIELD '02').

***************************************************************************************************

also look at note 804611

That should fix it......hopefully..

Regards

Ravi